cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How can I change "Add Thingmark" to "Spatial Target" in CREO Parametric Tools - "Augmented Reality"?

vkrayushkin
11-Garnet

How can I change "Add Thingmark" to "Spatial Target" in CREO Parametric Tools - "Augmented Reality"?

I am working on AR creation direct from CREO Parametric bu TOOLS - menu. I see here submenu "Augmented Reality". I see here icon "Add ThingMark" and use it. But after upgrading to new build I see in the same menu and submenu another icon - "Spatial Target". It wors? but I would like to turn to ThingMark. How can I change in CREO Spatial target mode to ThingMark mode (and vice versa) in TOOLS - AUGMENTED REALITY menu?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, it means : CREO user can get AR experience from ThingMark only in CREO 4 and can use Spatial target only in CREO 5 for getting AR experience. He even cannot find the "Spatial target" menu unit in CREO 4 and cannot find "ThingMark" menu unit in CREO 5. In the last case he need obtain URL of his AR experience intsead of hexagonal mark of his AR experience for implement it in ThingWorx View if he use CREO only.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You will need to go back to Creo 4 M030 or earlier if you want to use ThingMarks. M040+ is Spatial targets only. I don't like this choice at all given how limited device support for Spatial target is.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Industrial-Design/AR-ThingWorx-changes-in-Creo-4-M040-warning/m-p/536230

OK, it means : CREO user can get AR experience from ThingMark only in CREO 4 and can use Spatial target only in CREO 5 for getting AR experience. He even cannot find the "Spatial target" menu unit in CREO 4 and cannot find "ThingMark" menu unit in CREO 5. In the last case he need obtain URL of his AR experience intsead of hexagonal mark of his AR experience for implement it in ThingWorx View if he use CREO only.

Top Tags