cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How do we zoom 2D images for end user in Studio AR Experiences?

Ace_Rothstein
6-Contributor

How do we zoom 2D images for end user in Studio AR Experiences?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

so far, I know there is no supported functionality to do this.

One possible a very simple option is to have a 2d image widgets with different size / Width and Height properties/ and to display the picture there. This will zoom the complete picture - but there is no possible to pan it. You cannot move the picture itself.

Possibly (I want to mention but did not test it)  If you have 3d Images widget you can may be use the eye vector to move the picture to eye position to have some pan effect, but this requires some programming work to implement such functionality 

What could work is to use some kind  - glsl shader where you will implement the zoom pan functionality in the GLSL shader language / for 3d-Image widgets. I do not have such example but may, be you can find sample code for the shader implementation in GLSL/WebGl forums   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

so far, I know there is no supported functionality to do this.

One possible a very simple option is to have a 2d image widgets with different size / Width and Height properties/ and to display the picture there. This will zoom the complete picture - but there is no possible to pan it. You cannot move the picture itself.

Possibly (I want to mention but did not test it)  If you have 3d Images widget you can may be use the eye vector to move the picture to eye position to have some pan effect, but this requires some programming work to implement such functionality 

What could work is to use some kind  - glsl shader where you will implement the zoom pan functionality in the GLSL shader language / for 3d-Image widgets. I do not have such example but may, be you can find sample code for the shader implementation in GLSL/WebGl forums   

Top Tags