cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to Identify devices of the same shape using model target?

ZL_9884170
12-Amethyst

How to Identify devices of the same shape using model target?

Hi All,

I want to use the model target to identify the devices in the factory and display the data of each device separately. The problem is that some of the devices in the factory have the same model shape, how should I differentiate them? The solution I can think of now is to set different inspection model profiles for devices with the same shape. But for large equipment, this method is very impractical. Is there any other better solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could use the Scan widget for this.  You scan a unique barcode on a machine to identify it and then use the model target to place the AR.  You can see this being done at the start of this video  MagneMover LITE.

Another option is to give each machine it's own ThingMark and then set the ThingMark Association for the Experiences to Thing Shape.  Then in the definition of each machine Thing in ThingWorx, you define the ThingMark for that machine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I dont think so, there is any solution  for this as of now. you can use other target options instead.

You could use the Scan widget for this.  You scan a unique barcode on a machine to identify it and then use the model target to place the AR.  You can see this being done at the start of this video  MagneMover LITE.

Another option is to give each machine it's own ThingMark and then set the ThingMark Association for the Experiences to Thing Shape.  Then in the definition of each machine Thing in ThingWorx, you define the ThingMark for that machine.

You could use an Area Target and track the space.

You can then mark and located content spatially, not based on its appearance.

Top Tags