cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to achieve an effect of moving arrows in 3D environment?

Ace_Rothstein
11-Garnet

How to achieve an effect of moving arrows in 3D environment?

I have attached below a screenshot in which a series of arrows are made visible after acquiring the target, however the arrows begin to move along a path indicating the direction of flow. Is this effect achieved by using a GIF as a 3D Image or TML-Text is used on that 3D Image. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

one possible option, I know, is to use a shader /define in TML text widget and set the shader definition to the shader  property of surface of / Model or ModelItem widget   // also to 3DImage

Here is a post where this functionality was discuss. In the post also shown the setting as static property but there is also an example showing how to   change the x, y property of the shader definition  via slider- so this will  - simulate some movement of the texture around the x, or y axis.

To this post I provide also a demo model- 

How to associate my image texture UV on my 3D Model

Here is also an additional post "" which demonstrates more advance techniques - where the shader should simulate texture flow. The principle is the same (for example the same principle to move an arrow in a particular  direction, X or Y)

In case that you have some loops then you can split you model to different modelitems where you will apply different X and Y movements

In the mentioned post there are different pipes compoents / each pipe component  is a different widget - modelItem widget . For each component there I used a different movement direction / but it depends also on the position of the components. Here in the example the movement is not only in a plane but in all direction in the 3d space Simulate Fluid Flow

Demo model is also provided where you can test it.

Top Tags