cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to bind data with chart?

einsfele
13-Aquamarine

How to bind data with chart?

Is there some way to bind data from ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity to charts?

I have a mashup with several informations (already comunicating with my PLC throught of Industrial Connectivity).

I used this guide to try do it but in this case it just show how create chart with manual inputs and I want bind data from my Industrial Connectivity.

Does someone know about it?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @einsfele,

in generally you need to bind a thing property where the values are logged in a value stream to the   Vuforia chart widget.

For example you can use the QueryPropertyHistory  Thingworx service to connect the values from the value stream to the chart  - here is an  example where Time series chart is used

may be this topic could be also als helpful:  How to bind the startDate for a Time Series Chart?

at the end I found the topic what I think will also helpful.

In this topic is shown the case  when you have a value stream with values and timestamp. In the mention topic the value are shown  in a DataGrid widget but the principle is the same. So the clue here is that we can define a service  for particular property Name and  using e.g. as Input StartTime and EndTime ( fromat "YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS Z")

We can call this service from Studio to get the desired data for a property and for a defined  time range:

2019-09-12_11-47-35.gif

Here example for test in Thingworx:

2019-09-12_11-48-29.gif

And bind the dataGrid Widget data to service getChartDataMinMax in Studio:

2019-09-12_11-55-54.gif

And thest then in preview mode:

2019-09-12_11-59-37.gif

please, check also this topic : External Data - Date&Time forma

Additional here example how to use the mention service getChartDataMinMax (here with default service values) for a bar chart widget:

2019-09-12_12-30-50.gif

and the display in preview:

2019-09-12_12-28-04.gif

Top Tags