cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to combine 2 figures from 2 different c3di files into a single c3di file

Ace_Rothstein
11-Garnet

How to combine 2 figures from 2 different c3di files into a single c3di file

Hello!

I would like to get some insight regarding Creo Illustrate. My requirement is to combine multiple figures / sequences from different c3di files into a single c3di file and finally publish it as an individual pvz file. Also I wanted to copy step from one figure and paste it in the new figure. Apparently, "copy to new figure" option doesn't work as expected. Certain parts which were hidden initially show up in the next figure in which the step was copied.

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Ace_Rothstein , @

so far I know one way is the use Illustrate UI to copy a steps  from the figure in the key frame editor to another Creo Illustrate session to the key frame editor of new step.  It will work fine    to copy form one file to another but make sense only if c3di have the same data.

I think when you copy in the same file a step form one session to another ((supported way as you mentioned) - this will in generally work , but all setting of the steps so far I know are only relative setting to the previous settings. So means the step will only implement new changes Therefore you need to check what is the initial status ( or the status of the figure after last step) and possibly set it generally for the figure in generally.

Only as add remark Also I think that published pvz file contains file.pvs – the assembly , file.ol’s the parts and *.pvi the figures. So that when you copy a pvi file to other name *.pvi this will copie the figure complete – so some possibly this will work if you want to add a figure form one published file to another (make sense only if the pvs and ol file there are identical !). The pvz file could by renamed as zip – add or remove some content and then save it back to pvz. This way is strongly not supported but in same case it may work.

Please, let me know if this helps, or if I need to check more detailed to find what is the root cause

Top Tags