cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to get the thingmark ID

NP_10149671
7-Bedrock

How to get the thingmark ID

Hello community,

1) While creating new experience, I have to put Thingmark ID in Thingmark field, so from where I will get this Thingmark ID?

2) I had tried to configure the ID from developer portal but when I put username, password and click on configure, then immediately I get logged out from vuforia studio. Anyone have any idea about this issue?

@pshashipreetham 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Every  Thingmark  has a domain number and serial number 1...n...

Example  520:99

2022-06-21_14-10-09.jpg

so in the example is the domain number 520 and the serial number is 99

So PTC could assignee to each customers Experience Service a domain number- so that when such thingmarks are scanned by the Vuforia View App   via the GXI the correct Experience Service  will be found and from there the correct project will be downloaded.

Otherwise you have to set the Vuforia View URL and this will search the Thingmarks also from the Server which is set via the URL in the setting of the Vuforia View app. In such case you can use Thingmarks which are not registered via PTC GXI service

Customers who have a PTC cloud they (the point of contact for PTC products) will receive a welcome e-mail where they will receive an information about the URL of the  Experience Service on PTC cloud and also 100 thingmarks for each URL with the correct server domain number. Additionally customers could contact the PTC technical Support  https://www.ptc.com/en/support  so further Thingmarks could be generated e.g. 520:1....520:300

Top Tags