cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to use Application Parameter's Thing Template in studio

Desai
11-Garnet

How to use Application Parameter's Thing Template in studio

Hi,

What is the purpose of using Thing Template as an application parameter in Thingworx studio?

How to dynamically the properties of the Thing Template in studio?

I have added Thing Template's service "GetImplementingThings" in studio but I am unable to fetch the properties stored in the "Things" which extends the Thing Template.

9 REPLIES 9
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:Desai)

Application parameters are parameter which you can create and use in your JS code in studio .For example i created an application parameter with name count and can use this variable in my JS like $scope.app.params.count = 0

If you want to access properties/services that are there in your hosted Thingworx (Which is connected to your studio)  you can click on the (+) sign of external data below application parameter and from there you can fetch Thingname/Template name and this will give you a list of properties/services which you have created or inbuilt to the template .From there you can get data in your Studio .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

Desai
11-Garnet
(To:mnarang)

How to use the "Thing Template" application parameter in studio.

How to load the Thing Template Properties in the studio?

mnarang
17-Peridot

If you want to access properties/services from the ThingTemplate Which is there in Thingworx (Hosted thingworx which is connected to Studio) .Then you need to click on the external data (+) sign and select the template/thing from there and select properties or services which you want to use in Studio .I have also attached the screenshots for this .

mnarang
17-Peridot

One more screenshot .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

Desai
11-Garnet

I have created a Thing Shape Named "Acceleration" which has properties "Velocity" and "current". 

Then I have created a Thing Template named "Acceleration_TT" which has "Implemented Shape" as "Acceleration".

Now I am calling "Acceleration_TT" in the external data. But I am unable to get the properties "Velocity" and "Current". So how do I call the properties in the Thingworx studio?

Thanks

mnarang
17-Peridot

Can you paste the thingworx url where you are creating Template and Shape ? Just want to confirm that this is the thingworx which is in place with Studio trail .

Desai
11-Garnet
mnarang
17-Peridot

This URL is fine .When you are clicking on the external data and selecting the Template from the list so there is nothing under properties ,right ? But after clicking on the Template from the list ,can you check the Studio Logs .There might be some permission issue from the Thingworx side ,that can be a reason that Studio is not able to read the properties from Thingworx .

Desai
11-Garnet

Only for the Thing Template I am unable to fetch the properties. I can fetch properties in "Things". I do not think there is an issue with the permission.

Thanks.

Top Tags