cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

I have a question about data management in ThingWorx Studio.

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

I have a question about data management in ThingWorx Studio.

How does ThingWorx Studio handle data management?
As I understand it, ThingWorx Studio seems to store 3D CAD data locally and manage Thing Data and Thing Mark data in the cloud.
Is that correct?

And if you have documents or schematics about ThingWorx Studio's data management, please share.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glad you found the Overview helpful. 

Yes, the project files are stored locally, besides the streaming ThingWorx data. When a project is published, a zip of all the locally stored project files is sent to the Experience Service. Then, when a thingmark is scanned, the project zip is sent to your device to view the experience. 

Do you have any specific questions about data management? I will do my best to answer them!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You may find the Studio Architectural overview helpful. It can be found here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/portal/thingworx/csm.jsp?p=2&mt=1&st=2 

@tmccombie Thank you for your mention

i watched a video about Architectural Overview ThingWorx Studio

and it was so helpful to me

but i can't find information that i want

i looking for a how to the ThingWorx Studio managing data

ThingWorx Studio get IoT data from connent ThingWorx core

but real project file that created by ThingWorx Studio stored local space

Is there any documentation or video about storing these data?
I can not find document explains ThingWorx Studio project files or Thing Marks are stored

Thankyou

Glad you found the Overview helpful. 

Yes, the project files are stored locally, besides the streaming ThingWorx data. When a project is published, a zip of all the locally stored project files is sent to the Experience Service. Then, when a thingmark is scanned, the project zip is sent to your device to view the experience. 

Do you have any specific questions about data management? I will do my best to answer them!

Thanks @tmccombie
if I publish the project file to ThingWorx View, does it matter if the local project file is removed?

Or should the project file exist locally even if the project is published?

Once the project is published to the Experience Service, you do not need the local files to view the experience through ThingWorx View. 

Top Tags