I have explored Thingworx studio and published an experience. Next I would like to relays some live data to some of the gauges in that model. Where do I start?
Check out this help article to get started. Bind ThingWorx Data to a 3D widget. It is for labels instead of gauges but the idea is the same. You will want to bind your thingworx property to the gauge's 'value' property.
I got it to work with the Fan RPM value in the preview model, but not using my actual phone or tab on a printed marker.
Should that work, or is this only possible in the internal preview mode?
Hi Lars, It works with phone and tab as well.
not for me, so I'm doing something wrong. this particular gauge is showing a blank value, not even a zero.
Works fine in the studio preview.
Hi Lars, After step 6 in the article that was mentioned in the above comment, Have you published the experience before viewing it in the view app? If you haven't published the experience after the changes, please click on the publish button located beside the Preview button in the task bar. Now, view the experience in the ThingWorxView App of your device.
Yes, of course
I think the problem might be because of the data access restrictions. So could you please provide the option you have specified for Access field in Configuration-> Info tab?
If the Access is Public, can you please check if the es-public-access user has permissions to access those entities in ThingWorx Platform?
I also have this access restriction. ( i use HoloLens)
I dont understand where/how do i ad user?, i can not follow step 1-8.
1 (where do i create user?)
2 (where do i create org named es-public-access-org?)
Can you please develop the information so that i can follow step 1-8
(Lars did you solve this?)
To allow public Experiences access to ThingWorx without prompting users to authenticate, the Experience Service and the associated ThingWorx server must be configured to enable public access. To allow public access to ThingWorx, an application key must be created in ThingWorx that can be used to access any properties or services in ThingWorx that are required by publicly connected Experiences. Use the following steps to create the necessary application key in ThingWorx.
1. Create a user named es-public-access.
2. Create an organization named es-public-access-org.
3. Add the es-public-access user to the es-public-access-org organization.
4. Configure the user so that it has the necessary permissions to access the ThingWorx data required by the public Experiences. For more information about the permissions that must be granted to the es-public-access user, see the “User Authorization” section below.
5. Configure the es-public-access-org organization so that it has the necessary visibility permissions to access the ThingWorx data required by the public Experiences. For more information about the permissions that must be granted to the es-public-access-org organization, see the “User Authorization” section below.
6. Create an application key and associate it with the es-public-access user.
7. Navigate to the Administrative Console for the Experience Service.
8. Edit the ThingWorx proxy settings and set the anonymous application key parameter so that it equals the keyId property for the application key that was created in Step 3.
You need to log in to Thingworx platform to do this.
https://<your experience service hostname>:8443/Thingworx
Use same username and password.
Normally you will already have an organization and user created. Otherwise go to Security and add the system and organisation.
You just need to give access to the FAN1 for user es-public-access
Enter Fan1 in the search box.
add :es-public-access-org to allow visibilty
give es-public-access right to "property read", "Service execute" and "Event Subscribe"