cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Image Display Static/Glitch

Wes_Tomer
12-Amethyst

Image Display Static/Glitch

Has anyone else experienced this glitch?

An image widget is fine in the Vuforia Studio Canvas, but in the Preview it displays as transparent static (see attached).

I tried to solve this issue by using a jpg instead of a png, but the issue happened again later to a different image widget that was already a png. So I changed this one to a jpg, and it was fine, but the original image (now a jpg) turned to static. It seems like a glitch in the software - especially since it displays fine in the Canvas & on the Hololens.

4 REPLIES 4

Yep, I've seen this too.  The experience works fine, but the image gets messed up in the preview.

@tmccombie can we report this as a bug?

sorry for the delay here. I was able to reproduce after letting a preview page sit idle for a while. I'll make sure R&D are aware. Thanks @Wes_Tomer  & @AllanThompson  for bringing this to our attention.

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:AllanThompson)

yes its showing glitch in preview but it doesnt affects your published Experience in tablet. i think it may be issue of Chrome as there may multiple heavy images 

To me, this is a reason not to create SAAS dependent on a free browser. I think SAAS is perfectly fine, but there is too much dependency on the 3rd parties capabilities.
Vuforia is not currently a SAAS, but I believe that the intention in keeping it in the browser is in order to make it one. I like the stand-alone power of Creo Parametric and Creo Illustrate. They seem more robust.
Top Tags