cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Importing more than 4 parts with animation seq makes HoloLens application shut down?

Dhaval_Bendale
7-Bedrock

Importing more than 4 parts with animation seq makes HoloLens application shut down?

Hello Community,

I am writing this post after checking almost 10 times in Hololens View application, on experience which includes more than 4 models with animations.

I am triggering the animation of the separate models (assembled in studio) with the help of 3D buttons,

When i check it in Hololens, it opens up and even before placing the experience, the applications gets shut down, which is very frustrating. I tried testing it for more than 10 times now and getting closed each time. Does this mean we should not import more models in Hololens Experience?

If yes, then i do not find Hololens experience to be reliable at all.

Please put some light on this and let me know solution to this if any.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Dhaval Bendale.

2 REPLIES 2

In my personal experience, you can add many model widgets, as long as the model is simple and they are not all visible at the same time. For example, we have a couple of experiences that have a very large model as central part. This one actually has animations and all that to give some actual content. We also have about 30 other 3D model widgets that appear and disappear at different times throughout the experience so the user can find their way around. Each of those 30 widgets is set to one of two fairly simple models. This experience has no problem loading and, in fact, loads in seconds.

I would posit that your problem is that you have multiple high-poly, high-texture models appearing at the same time - the animations don't really add to load times in my experience. You can counter this by having the user choose which of the models they want to have loaded at any given moment, but only one at a time.

I hope this helps.

Hello, 

However I want all the models to be loaded at the same time.

Give me the solution for the same.

Top Tags