cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Integration Windchill and Vuforia Studio

Jamal8548
12-Amethyst

Integration Windchill and Vuforia Studio

Hey Community,

Is there any possible way to integrate Windchill and Vuforia studio. My use case here is, I need to list out all the available 3D model available in Windchill into Vuforia Studio screen, based on user selection I need to show 3D model in 3D Model widget. This question has already been asked in forum but i still could not find a right answer and definetly need more insights into this topic. Please give your valuable feedback.

Regards,

JA

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Jamal8548 ,

you can download data possibly directly from windchill or other server but that will not work because of CORS. So means that Vuforia View will not allow a call via different domains. so therefore the supported way is to use Windchill data --> to Thingworx repository --> Vuforia Studio

Here I want to refer to point 1.) of that post : https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Is-there-a-way-to-load-3D-model-from-Thingworx-repository-to/td-p/961474

Thanks

for the Integration  from  windchill to TWX - so the step is to export first from Windchill the  pvz files as export to folder  - as the part what is visualization /Windchill adapter could be seen in the article   https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS112832

1. In Windchill, if GDD is enabled, export pvz file generated by Creo View Adapters. 
  • How to create a Graphics Dynamic Document (GDD) that can be opened in IsoDraw or in Creo Illustrate from Windchill ?
  • Can Creo Illustrate be integrated with Windchill PDMLink to load published CAD representations?
  • How to create a PVZ automatically after publishing a CAD Document, that can be imported into Creo Illustrate?
  • How to generate a Publication Graphic or Dynamic Document published automatically for use in Creo Illustrate?
  • How to publish representation to pvz format
  • A workflow from initiation to completion

2024-07-16_15-35-48.jpg

Res:

I mentioned in the previous post the usage of customization to the addpater post-publishing process - therefore I  splitted it here into a separte post because it is other technique- possibly more easy to handle.. For that techniques you need that widndchill use visualization  where the cad model are visualized ito pvz internally - so in this case you could extract the pvz file via Visualization Rest API e.g. PTC.visualization.getPVZ()

image (4).png

Here is also an article  

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill Visualization Services - Rest Services

which point to a hub - e.g. https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS350641 

with following points:

• How to get the Representation ID in WRS?
  • How to download Representation as Zip (pvz file )?

Hello @Jamal8548,

It looks like you have some responses on your topic. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags