cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Is it possible to add a video into the 3d plane? If so, how?

bmcalister
1-Newbie

Is it possible to add a video into the 3d plane? If so, how?

I'm trying to figure out how to add some videos into the 3d layer around one of my models, but there is no video widget in the 3d editor.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brad,

At this time, the 2D video widget is the only way to add videos to an experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Brad,

At this time, the 2D video widget is the only way to add videos to an experience.

Thanks Tara, but you all should really look at adding that feature.

asiirilä
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

Hi,

Can we route from 3D view to 2D view by clicking a 3D image widget? My intention is to link additional information into my experience from external url so that you would be re-routed to a 2D "info" view when tapping a 3D widget in 3D view.

I already managed to open the content with window.open function. However, once the site (behind the url) opens, I must use phone's back button to move from the site back to the experience.

+ Antti

jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:asiirilä)

You can do the video directly in Thingworx with the video widget. It will in in the 2D overlay with the camera AR behind it outside the video frame. You can start this video playing from any control type in studio including "clicking" touching a 3D model item.

3D video would be placing the video on a 3D plane in AR, like the 3D image widget that is existing.

Nils_isap
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

Hi Tara,

I'm searching for a combination of the 3D image (possible to change size and position) and a video.

Is this still impossible, or exists a work-around?

Thank you

Nils

Top Tags