cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is there a way to convert PVZ File to other file such as FBX, GLB or GLTF?

Adrian_G.
9-Granite

Is there a way to convert PVZ File to other file such as FBX, GLB or GLTF?

I am currently working on an AR Project.  The main files i am using are PVZ and C3DI because of creo view and creo illustrate.
(Sorry if this question was asked already.)
But I want to know do we have a way to convert them to FBX??
i dont have problem using PVZ file from creo illustrate and creo view, but I need to save them as FBX file as I am also using the same drawings for AR but i use other software and pvz is not recognized.

Do we have plug-ins for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mwodarz_INNEO
14-Alexandrite
(To:Adrian_G.)

Creo illustrate is capable to export the model as a step file. So you’ll get NURBS data, that can be converted with a 3rd party software to an AR suitable format.

KeyShot is capable to load PVZ file as a static model with structure but without animation. KeyShot (pro license) can export a FBX file with textures and the diffuse color. And AR formats can be baked with diffuse, specular, roughness and bump maps as glTF, glb and usdz files without animation.

But these AR formats can’t enable the huge amount of benefits, that can be create with Vuforia Studio!

cheerEO

marco

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mwodarz_INNEO
14-Alexandrite

Creo illustrate is capable to export the model as a step file. So you’ll get NURBS data, that can be converted with a 3rd party software to an AR suitable format.

KeyShot is capable to load PVZ file as a static model with structure but without animation. KeyShot (pro license) can export a FBX file with textures and the diffuse color. And AR formats can be baked with diffuse, specular, roughness and bump maps as glTF, glb and usdz files without animation.

But these AR formats can’t enable the huge amount of benefits, that can be create with Vuforia Studio!

cheerEO

marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the reply.
What I am doing now is I save the files to u3d file then open them using 3rd party program then export to file i need.
But this 3rd party program is expensive.

Based on your reply seems like we dont have a way to do it with PTC and we need to purchase 3rd party program to export it in other files..

Anyway, just wanna ask.. Regarding 3rd party softwares, what can you recommend to use? The one that is user friendly and cheaper in cost?

mwodarz_INNEO
14-Alexandrite

As a resellers consultant for PTC software and also a partner of Luxion (makers of KeyShot) I would recommend to use KeyShot. If it ist too expensive, you can use the freeware Blender to convert the U3D files into glb. If the Blender learning curve is OK for you.

There might be plenty of other solutions. Maybe you can share the solution, that fits your needs.

cheerEO
Marco

Top Tags