cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is there any detailed analytics for thingmark views/number of views?

bgračnar
9-Granite

Is there any detailed analytics for thingmark views/number of views?

More details about views in thingwork view, more than just numbers?

view.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:bgračnar)

Bojan Gračnar​: At this point of view for Trial instance we only show count in Number of views. Just want to know is there something specific you are looking for or would like to provide feedback which could be considered for improvements ?

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I would also be interested to know if there is any default functionality like this.

What I have done so far is create a service that runs each time a model is loaded that adds to a counter so we can check how many times an experience has been viewed. I would like to know if there is a better way of doing that, or if there is some more useful information we could get back when an experience is viewed.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Bojan Gračnar​: At this point of view for Trial instance we only show count in Number of views. Just want to know is there something specific you are looking for or would like to provide feedback which could be considered for improvements ?

-Durgesh

Thank you Durgesh!

I would like to have more of analytics, no big deal if it is in sellable item.

So is in non-trial version more than yust number of views?

Regards,

Bojan

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Bojan Gračnar​: For Paid instances ( hosted on PTC Cloud) we do have capability to provide more in depth details which could be helpful in analyzing Usage of Studio. For On-premise (non-hosted) instances we do not own collection of data so one might have to build a custom view themselves to get required details.

Hope it clarifies.

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh--

Can you please provide more details about how customers can access the "more in depth details" for a PTC cloud-based instance of Experience Server? We are working with a customer who is interested in this and I am having trouble finding useful info on how to find or access this data. Thanks.

--Clay

jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:dupatel)

Would still really like information from PTC on how we can get detailed analytics for the hosted ThingWrox experience servers.

Until then i just did a post about how I have been using Google Analytics to track experience usage. Hopefully this will help people get some information until we know what the official PTC solution is. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio/How-to-Google-Analytics-for-Experiences/m-p/558103

Top Tags