cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Issue with realwear hmt-1

rheffern
4-Participant

Issue with realwear hmt-1

Dear Help,

I’m working with the HMT-1 from realwear and I am trying to get a demo going for the headset. I’ve downloaded and installed the Vuforia app for the HMT-1, but I can’t really do anything with it. Isn’t there supposed to be something that pops up in the viewfinder of the hmt-1? I have a demo that I am trying to show off with your software to internal clients on Thursday and could really use a hand here. I’ve tried the message boards but they aren’t really all that helpful. I’ve also gone through the tutorial for the realwear hmt-1 that you have online, but all that does is walk me through installation on the hmt-1. I’m having trouble actually seeing anything via the hmt-1. I know this is a very disjointed message and that my problem isn’t well spelled out here, my apologies. Thank you for any and all help, I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Rob Heffern

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @rheffern 

I'm assuming you installed Vuforia View, is this correct? Once View is installed on the HMT-1, you can launch it from 'My Programs' by saying 'View', After View is open, you can see your current experiences available in your library under 'Experiences', Scan a ThingMark or QR code to launch a specific experience, or open the 'Settings' to configure View for your needs. 

Can you provide some more detail on what you're trying to do? 

rheffern
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

Dear tmccombie,

Thank you for the quick reply! When I go into the Library section of the Options menu, it has my experience in there. It's a straightforward experience and literally is just 2-D text that says 'hello' in type. However, when I try to open that experience, it prompts me for a log in. I put in my information and then manage to click the 'ok' selection. It them states: 'Whoops! You are not authorized to view this Experience'. I assume that this is some sort of permissions issue and I have torn through the documentation on how to share and experience with other devices. I'v managed to get this working on the iPad that we have and it seems fine there, just not with the HMT-1. How do I set permissions correctly such that I can see this in the HMT-1, if that is indeed the problem here? Thank you very much for all the help and the assistance in this, I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Rob Heffern

Sounds like using the keyboard on the HMT-1 may be causing an incorrect entry.

The easiest way to get around the authentication would be to re-publish the experience with 'Access' set to Public. public.jpg

You could also try using the realwear companion app on your phone or ipad to help enter your credentials on the realwear. 

Top Tags