Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue: 3D Panel widget is not functional in Vuforia Studio 9.0.0

Known Issue: 3D Panel widget is not functional in Vuforia Studio 9.0.0

In an effort to improve the 3D Eyewear authoring experience, we are developing a 3D Panel container widget. However, it was mistakenly included with the 9.0.0 release, and should not be used, as it is not functional. We are actively working on and verifying a fix for this issue and will update this post when it is available.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Known Issue: 3D Panel widget is not functional in Vuforia Studio 9.0.0

Hi tmccombie,

Thanks for letting us know. Could you give some insight what this widget will do?

Will it enable the authors to group widgets and move them together? Maybe billboarding with multiple labels will work with this.

Regards
Whity

Hi Whity,

Your comments are on the right track 🙂

We found that 3D eyewear authors want to create user interfaces in 3D space from a group of widgets. The panel will allow hololens widgets to be grouped together. The panel will also provide a background color to make sure widgets don't blend into the background. Future iterations of the panel allow the panel to "follow the user" and be pinned to a space

@whity are you currently authoring any 3D eyewear experiences? 

Marty Markenson

Vuforia Studio Product Manager

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your reply. I think this is will be a really helpful thing. In previous experiences I tried billboarding of labels and having a colored square in behind. Unfortunately the square will come before the text when you change your point of view. This possibly will be solved with the 3D container. 

Currently I am both working on eyewear experiences and on tablet solutions. 

Regards

Whity

Hi, @whity 

I have no HMD for testing, but this works on my mobile device.

• A 3D sphere model
  • A 3D Gauge or Image or Label placed at the center of the sphere, check Billboard and Always on top

billboard && alwaysOnTopbillboard && alwaysOnTop

Does this fit you need?

regards,

ClarK

Announcements
Join an
AR Working Group!

Topics available:
AR/VR for Data Optimization AR/VR for Security and Control AR/VR for Inspection