cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Limitation on number of models Vuforia Studio can use

JW_9683400
6-Contributor

Limitation on number of models Vuforia Studio can use

Hi, I am currently working on a project which requires 6 different models imported from creo illustrate. I have successfully imported all the models and attached model targets and spatial targets on the models (view 1 has model target, view 2 has spatial target, view 3 has model target etc). I am also using those models on 2 different views each (view 1 has model-1, view 2 has model-1, view 3 has model-2, etc).

With that said, I am currently facing some issues where the model target would only work for 4 of the models but not the other 2 which are imported the at the latest timing. Where there is also a bit of a glitch when I enter the view with the not working model target, where there are notable amount of bright purple pixels that appears momentarily. 

The other 4 different views are all working just the 2 latest models are not. The models on the 2 views that are not functioning have also been tested on a different project. They are all fully functioning there but not on the combined project.

That being said, is there a maximum amount of models that can be imported to Vuforia Studio? Or is there a limited amount of model target that can be used within a single project?

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @JW_9683400 

To my knowledge, there is no limitation on number models within  a Vuforia Studio project. Even in the same is feasible. But the number of triangle drawn at the same time is limited, around 400k.

As to Model Target, only one Model Target in a View.

The maximum amount of Model Target that can be used in one Vuforia Studio Project is unclear to me.

reagards,

ClarK

JW_9683400
6-Contributor
(To:dsgnrClarK)

Hi @dsgnrClarK, thank you for your rapid response! My apologies but may I ask what exactly do you mean by the maximum number of triangles drawn? What I am currently working with is a 3D model of a CNC machine done in Autodesk Inventor 2020. 

Regarding the maximum amount of model target would it be safe to assume that it is capped at 4? As I have mentioned that only 4 out of the 6 model targets in my project are working, where I have also tested the not-working files in a different project and it is working.

Top Tags