cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Magic Leap Support

godfather
3-Visitor

Magic Leap Support

Is there any plan to support Magic Leap or way to make it run on Magic Leap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:dupatel)

@godfather As per internal feedback, at the moment we do not have a timeline on when/if Magic Leap will be supportable. We are continuously monitoring and evaluating the latest Eyewear devices in the market, and often times even before they become commercially available. Our goal on the Vuforia team is to support the best and most widely used devices in the market. At any given time, we are evaluating and working on support for additional devices.Since the smartglasses market is rapidly evolving, we too are always evolving our strategy.Please reach out to your PTC rep for the latest information or questions.

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:godfather)

@godfather At present we do not support it however checking internally to see if there are future plans/date to provide support. 

-Durgesh

Thanks for your fast reply. As Magic Leap also supports Unity and should provide all features that also HoloLens supports, I assume it would not be too much of an effort to port Vuforia Viewer to it.

In case there is a possibility to join a beta program, I'd be interested to test and support.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@godfather Sure, let me check and see the roadmap for Magic leap support to provide additional details.

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh,

could you find out something about the roadmap and support?  We'd like to use it with a customer that has Magic Leap devices. HoloLens 1 is not available anymore for purchase and people would have to wait until a rumoured successor is in their hands (which could take more than half a year).

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@godfather I have reached out to Product Management team and will get back with more details soon.

-Durgesh

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:dupatel)

@godfather As per internal feedback, at the moment we do not have a timeline on when/if Magic Leap will be supportable. We are continuously monitoring and evaluating the latest Eyewear devices in the market, and often times even before they become commercially available. Our goal on the Vuforia team is to support the best and most widely used devices in the market. At any given time, we are evaluating and working on support for additional devices.Since the smartglasses market is rapidly evolving, we too are always evolving our strategy.Please reach out to your PTC rep for the latest information or questions.

-Durgesh

Top Tags