cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mail functionality from within Studio

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Mail functionality from within Studio

Hello,

I am trying to enable a mail trigger functionality from within the Studio Experience. 

Any thought on how I can achieve this will be really helpful.

Avinash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:agangaiah)

@agangaiah You will have to implement this on ThingWorx using Mail Extension and configure SMTP.  Then create a custom service in TWX which could be called within Studio to send email.

Hope it solves your purpose !

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:agangaiah)

@agangaiah You will have to implement this on ThingWorx using Mail Extension and configure SMTP.  Then create a custom service in TWX which could be called within Studio to send email.

Hope it solves your purpose !

-Durgesh

I"m not quite sure what you mean by a mail trigger and I can see that you've marked this question as answered by going down the ThingWorx service route, but if you want to enable sending an email from within an experience, you could just use the hyperlink widget with the URL mailto:<email address>.

Then someone can just click the URL and that will launch an email to the address using the default mail application.

Top Tags