cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Matterport Integration with ATG

nurathirah
8-Gravel

Matterport Integration with ATG

Hi,

We're doing prototype development specifically navigation app. I have a vendor that help us to scan area using Matterport. One of files I received from them is .E57 file

My question:

In ATG, can I use .e57 file from Matterport to generate area target file in ATG?

I got error (figure below) as I use .e57 file in ATG

nurathirah_0-1651199462970.png

nurathirah_1-1651199663360.png

As far as I know, Matterport account with professional license subscribed is needed for this. Since I have .e57 file, I thought I could use it without purchase the license as this is our proof-of-concept development.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sebben
12-Amethyst
(To:nurathirah)

Hi, you can rename the <target_name>_authoring.3dt to <target_name>_authoring.zip.

Then open it and copy the authoringMesh.glb out of it and rename it to <target_name>_authoring.glb.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sebben
12-Amethyst

Hi, 

I believe this is not possible yet.

Your vendor needs to do what is written under "Retrieving Models with the Matterport™ API Token" here:

https://library.vuforia.com/scanning-environment/area-targets-matterporttm-scans#retrieving-model

and send you the Token ID, Token Secret and Space ID.

Then you can generate the Area Target.

Hi, 

We asked our vendor to use ATG with their Matterport™ API Token and they already sent us the output file.

Below is content of the file I received.

nurathirah_2-1652256267181.png

However, I received .rar file instead of .zip, so I just de-compress and re-zip it back.

I uploaded the zip file in Vufoia Studio but having below error.

nurathirah_3-1652256522818.png

I would like to confirm on what is the output of ATG?

Is ATG generate multiple files and we need to manually zip it? If so, they might miss the _authoring.glb file (or any other possibilities)?

Thanks.

sebben
12-Amethyst

Hi, you can rename the <target_name>_authoring.3dt to <target_name>_authoring.zip.

Then open it and copy the authoringMesh.glb out of it and rename it to <target_name>_authoring.glb.

Hi,

Thanks @sebben , its worked!

May I know why there is texture difference between before and after using ATG.

BeforeAfter
nurathirah_0-1652258761947.pngnurathirah_1-1652258789492.png

sebben
12-Amethyst

Hi,

I think the before image is from the Matterport 360° photos. So this is just a high resolution picture and of course looks better than the model that is generated out of it. If you compare it to the dollhouse view from matterport it will look roughly the same.

Top Tags