cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Minimum system requirements for Vuforia Studio, or just can't handle large files

JonathonFowler
10-Marble

Minimum system requirements for Vuforia Studio, or just can't handle large files

Are there set of minimum system requirements for Vuforia Studio? I'm currently trying to use it with a 200mb file and it seems to be running really slowly. I don't know if this is a problem with the specs of the machine I'm on or if Studio itself can't handle very large files in-depth files? Any help would be appreciated before I start upgrading equipment.

Kind regards,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Studio uses WebGL to display the 3D canvas, so it comes down to how well your machine can handle that.  It'e really a combination of graphics card and CPU.  You can have a look at WebGL Report to see what it says about your graphics card.  WebGL Samples has lots of different models you can load up to get an idea of what your machine can handle.

I'm just using the built-in Intel HD Graphics 630 card for Chrome and I've been able to handle big PVZ files (>900MB before optimization) with no real issues - although it does work my GPU pretty hard (and the CPU) when spinning things around:

Untitled.png

Regards,

Allan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Studio uses WebGL to display the 3D canvas, so it comes down to how well your machine can handle that.  It'e really a combination of graphics card and CPU.  You can have a look at WebGL Report to see what it says about your graphics card.  WebGL Samples has lots of different models you can load up to get an idea of what your machine can handle.

I'm just using the built-in Intel HD Graphics 630 card for Chrome and I've been able to handle big PVZ files (>900MB before optimization) with no real issues - although it does work my GPU pretty hard (and the CPU) when spinning things around:

Untitled.png

Regards,

Allan

Top Tags