cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Missing Callouts in Vuforia Studio

Yasar
7-Bedrock

Missing Callouts in Vuforia Studio

Hello Guys,

I made some animations with Creo Illustrate 5.0 and also used some Callouts to show some important parts.

callout.jpgSame Thing just without Callout in Vuforia StudioSame Thing just without Callout in Vuforia Studio

However, when I was finished, I uploaded in Vuforia Studio and designed a simple User Interface just to test some things. So far so good.

The Problem is that I only see the Animations (changing colours, moving parts.....) but not my Callouts. In creo I saw everything.

Did I something wrong with the Callouts? 

Thanks for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As @jmikesell  said, it's a limitation of Vuforia Studio not supporting this functionality from Creo Illustrate.

I attended an internal What's coming in Creo Illustrate 6.0 webinar a bit over a week ago (it's out now) and did ask when this would be supported.  It would be sooooooo much easier to be able to do this in Illustrate and just have it come through into Studio.  It's on the roadmap, but there's currently no set date.

So if you have all of your images, etc setup in Studio, then you'll need to use Java to control their visibility.  There was a very recent post on how to do this here: How to turn 3D image files on and off when using a 2D select widget

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:Yasar)

Unfortunately this is current functionality of Studio. Annotations do not come over from Illustrate or Creo. You will need to recreate your annotations as 3D images or gauges.

As @jmikesell  said, it's a limitation of Vuforia Studio not supporting this functionality from Creo Illustrate.

I attended an internal What's coming in Creo Illustrate 6.0 webinar a bit over a week ago (it's out now) and did ask when this would be supported.  It would be sooooooo much easier to be able to do this in Illustrate and just have it come through into Studio.  It's on the roadmap, but there's currently no set date.

So if you have all of your images, etc setup in Studio, then you'll need to use Java to control their visibility.  There was a very recent post on how to do this here: How to turn 3D image files on and off when using a 2D select widget

Top Tags