cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mobile experience, make the model fixed after ThingMark detection

nqwifly
11-Garnet

Mobile experience, make the model fixed after ThingMark detection

How can I stop vuforia view from keeping updating the track on mobile phone? I want the model to fixed once the ThingMark first detection.

Appreciate any help.

6 REPLIES 6
whity
16-Pearl
(To:nqwifly)

Did you activate extended tracking? Once the thingmark is recognized, only the geometry is interpreted. The thingmark can be removed and the model is still in place.

nqwifly
11-Garnet
(To:whity)

It's activated. However, when I unchecked "tracked" from thingMark's properties it worked.

Hi @nqwifly ,

according to the Studio Help

Thingmark widget
Tracked ->Tracked and Tracking Lost bindings.

==========

So seems to be only info property. I tested on IOS but could not find any differences for the stability depending on if was set or not set for the tracking process. believe that it gets only the info about the tracking binding.

==========

What I think as mention by @whity    - > the 3dcontainer property should be more relevant for the tracking behavior. 

The Extend Tracking and Persist Map .

On IOS the effect of the tracking stability is good reproducible.

=============

Studio Help
3D Container Widget
Extended Tracking -> Uses features of the environment to improve tracking performance and sustain tracking even when the ThingMark is no longer in view.As the ThingMark goes out of view, other information is used from the environment to infer the ThingMark position by visually tracking the environment.A map is built around the target specifically for this purpose and assumes that both the environment and target are largely static.

Persist Map-> Select the Persist Map checkbox if a project must accommodate movement or changes in the environment, or if it must visualize large augmentations several feet away from the ThingMark.

sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:nqwifly)

Hello,

To fix he model, no move of 3D model in the screen, the solution is to freeze the camera.

To do that, In the View, in 3D Container, in SERVICES, we have 2 services to bind Freeze Camera and Resume Camera.

It is possible to bind them on a click of a button for example.

Best regards,

Samuel

nqwifly
11-Garnet
(To:sdidier)

Freezing the camera does actually freezing the camera. I'm expecting to walk around and see the experience from different views.

What I really need is something similar to "stationary" property on HoloLens. Even if the thingMark moved/changed location, the experience will remain stationary.

Yes, it is correct. This is the difference between HoloLens 3D Eyewear project and the Mobile Experience Project.

On the HoloLens we have for the thing marks the stationary property which could be set if the thingmark will be in a stable environment and won't be moved by the user. This will fix the position of the experience after scanning.

In the mobile experience unfortunately, we do not have this property. But for the mobile devices we have for the 3d container Widget  (as mentioned earlier in this thread) the properties Persist Map and Extended Tracking which will hopefully lead to the same effect.  For example, these properties are not available on the HoloLens.

Top Tags