cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

My Vuforia Studio doesn't work

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

My Vuforia Studio doesn't work

I'm not sure what happened, but Vuforia Studio doesn't work anymore. I get an error window that I've never seen for anything before no matter what I try to do in regards to Vuforia Studio. Whether I'm trying to uninstall, reinstall, or just try and start the application I end up with the same window. I've attached a screenshot of the window. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ike@ACE)

I submitted a ticket with PTC Support and was able to get it fixed. It turned out that the problem was a need to delete a series of files that was within the AppData/Local/Apps/2.0 folder. Deleting everything solved the issue. No idea why, but it did. Thanks for this solution goes to Ms. Yamini Tella.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello,

The best is to look in Vuforia Studio log file.

Is it possible to share it in this thread, please ?

More details here about to collect it:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS292349

Best regards,

Samuel

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:sdidier)

I have two of them, so I'm going to attach them both.

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

Is someone going to help me with this?

sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello,

Thanks you for the log file, it was very useful to understand the possible root cause of the issue.

At first, I have seen that the server used is hosted at PTC Cloud.

It means, you can open a case to PTC Technical Support and to have a quicker solution than in public forum in PTC Community.

At second, about the issue.

We can found many errors like that reported in log file:

error: [twx-studio:index] Server error 62c348f7-120b-46ab-9a64-e522202025da [Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\Users\Dominick Gelardi\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\Station_Maintenance_Template\dist\app\resources\Uploaded\T_M_BRU61_Alb.png'] {
errno: -4058,
code: 'ENOENT',
syscall: 'stat',
path: 'C:\\Users\\Dominick Gelardi\\Documents\\VuforiaStudio\\Projects\\Station_Maintenance_Template\\dist\\app\\resources\\Uploaded\\T_M_BRU61_Alb.png',
expose: false,
statusCode: 404,
}

We can have various root causes about that.

But at first, I would recommend you to follow solution in this article :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS319134

Please come back to me in this thread if it has helped or not.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

Samuel

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite

Ike@ACE ,

You can

1.  backup the projects under C:\\Users\\Dominick Gelardi\\Documents\\VuforiaStudio\\Projects

2. Delete all the projects from the above fold

3. restart Studio and see if it can be started or not.

If it still could not be started, please upload the new studio.log file

I have also faced the same problem previously. It may cause because of window defender, which is probably ON. Another possibility is that If you have installed antivirus or any firewall. In this Case you need to OFF the the antivirus or Firewall, Because if you see properly vuforia studio installation file is .exe which is considered as either malware or virus. I think this description will resolve the problem

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

I submitted a ticket with PTC Support and was able to get it fixed. It turned out that the problem was a need to delete a series of files that was within the AppData/Local/Apps/2.0 folder. Deleting everything solved the issue. No idea why, but it did. Thanks for this solution goes to Ms. Yamini Tella.

Top Tags