cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Need to populate data from creo to vuforia engine

krthk86g
12-Amethyst

Need to populate data from creo to vuforia engine

Hi, 

I am in the process of creating a use case for MBD means that uses the data/information from creo. 

Support needed:

1.populate data from Creo parameter and notes. notes will be having a unique name that tech_spec, Fun-Spec

2. display the model tree from creo and enable show/hide as shown in the picture below. 

mbd notes.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @krthk86g ,

additional to info posted by @sdidier 

I also want to add some points:

1.populate data from Creo parameter and notes. notes will be having a unique name that tech_spec, Fun-Spec

>>>  here we have 2 tasks

A.) to extract the data from Creo Parametric.  So far I understand you have a Creo Installation. In this case it is better to use a tools in this environment or to write some (e.g. Toolkit but also some native Creo Export - like save the modeltree or the parameter list directly from the UI) where you can extract  the data directly in Creo depending on the information what you need

B.) when we have now the data in Vuforia Studio (meta - data in some list json or csv , text... etc. then what you want to do with this info ... may be you can provide some examples  so we can further check  if this could be possible or not according to the Vuforia Studio functionality...

1. display the model tree from Creo and enable show/hide as shown in the picture below. 

>>>> the model tree could be exported  > the simples way is to  save the modelTree in Creo Parametric UI as text file (see picture) but also using other tools (toolkits - Pro/Toolkit, J-Link ,WebLink OTK etc.)

2020-08-11_10-44-11.jpg

So here the question is : What is your goal in Vuforia Studio? What you want to do with this data and how it should be displayed?  One possible reason what I suppose is e.g. to hide and unhide components ... etc.

I have to point here that we do not have a widget which is good to display the tree structure - we can try to use different list etc. but it is no so easy (e.g. in TWX we have a widget which could directly display a model tree data but not in Vuforia Studio) 

A second points is that we need to implement the action behind the click on items etc... there could be a long list of tasks which need to planed and implemented

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:krthk86g)

Hello,

If I understood well, it is about data from Creo Parametric.

So, this data should be exported in pvz file if correct Settings have been enabled in recipe file.

I guess, it is already the case here.

It means, we can see this data in Creo View when opening the pvz file exported from Creo Parametric or generated by GDD in Windchill.

To read this data in pvz file, it should be possible for Parameters.

About Parameter, I know that a solution has been found at PTC with R&D and Professional Services.

This solution has been shared with a few of PTC customers when Professional Services was involved in the Vuforia Studio Project.

Sadly, I don't have any more details.

An alternative can be in PTC Navigate environment connected to Vuforia Experience Service with SSO, to access to Designated Parameter of the Creo Parametric Assembly  stored in Windchill.

From my point of view, it is an heavy solution and hard to setup.

Combine States and Model Tree are not supported for the moment in Vuforia Studio.

About a possible solution with Creo View Toolkit to extract data of Model Tree from pvz file :

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Extracting-the-viewables-and-the-seqnece-steps-information-from/m-p/592288

I suppose that a similar approach is possible with Creo Parametric and by using Pro/TOOLKIT also.

It might be important to keep in mind that some issues can be present when modifying Assembly.

It will need to update the data previsouly extracted.

About Combine State, it is not possible today to use them in Vuforia Studio directly.

Combine State should be used into a Sequence to be visible in 3D.

We don't have an API in Javascript to access to information about it and present in pvz file.

About Notes and Annotations from Creo Parametric are not usable for the moement in Vuforia Studio.

Please see this article :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS290785

Best regards,

Samuel

Hello @sdidier 

regarding to the Creo Parametric annotation , so far I see ( official statment  CS290785 ) Creo Parametric annotation will not be imported to Vuforia Studio  but ... under certain circumstances we will be able to see them in Vuforia Studio. Please, check the following post Annotations from a model 3D in an AR project    Here may be we need to update the article CS290785 according to the  current functionality

Thanks

Hello @krthk86g ,

additional to info posted by @sdidier 

I also want to add some points:

>>>  here we have 2 tasks

A.) to extract the data from Creo Parametric.  So far I understand you have a Creo Installation. In this case it is better to use a tools in this environment or to write some (e.g. Toolkit but also some native Creo Export - like save the modeltree or the parameter list directly from the UI) where you can extract  the data directly in Creo depending on the information what you need

B.) when we have now the data in Vuforia Studio (meta - data in some list json or csv , text... etc. then what you want to do with this info ... may be you can provide some examples  so we can further check  if this could be possible or not according to the Vuforia Studio functionality...

1. display the model tree from Creo and enable show/hide as shown in the picture below. 

>>>> the model tree could be exported  > the simples way is to  save the modelTree in Creo Parametric UI as text file (see picture) but also using other tools (toolkits - Pro/Toolkit, J-Link ,WebLink OTK etc.)

2020-08-11_10-44-11.jpg

So here the question is : What is your goal in Vuforia Studio? What you want to do with this data and how it should be displayed?  One possible reason what I suppose is e.g. to hide and unhide components ... etc.

I have to point here that we do not have a widget which is good to display the tree structure - we can try to use different list etc. but it is no so easy (e.g. in TWX we have a widget which could directly display a model tree data but not in Vuforia Studio) 

A second points is that we need to implement the action behind the click on items etc... there could be a long list of tasks which need to planed and implemented

Top Tags