cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Object Recognition on LiveWorx 2019

dsgnrClarK
16-Pearl

Object Recognition on LiveWorx 2019

Hi there,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLP3ex_8MQ&t=20m47s

Is this Object Recognition done with released Vuforia Studio and Vuforia View?

How it had been done?

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks.

ClarK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WilsonT
13-Aquamarine
(To:dsgnrClarK)

Hi Clark,

I believe the demo in the video is done using Vuforia Engine Advanced Model Target feature, where it supports recognition and tracking of one or more objects from all sides (ie, the parts in the video).

You can use Model Target in Vuforia Studio to track an object and show relevant information about it. However, Vuforia Studio doesn't support multiple object tracking in one single view. Hence, you need to create separate views for each different objects that you want to track. And there can be a button/dropdown configured for user to switch to the view that corresponds to another object for tracking.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WilsonT
13-Aquamarine

Hi Clark,

I believe the demo in the video is done using Vuforia Engine Advanced Model Target feature, where it supports recognition and tracking of one or more objects from all sides (ie, the parts in the video).

You can use Model Target in Vuforia Studio to track an object and show relevant information about it. However, Vuforia Studio doesn't support multiple object tracking in one single view. Hence, you need to create separate views for each different objects that you want to track. And there can be a button/dropdown configured for user to switch to the view that corresponds to another object for tracking.

Hope this helps.

Hi, Wilson

Thank you for the clarification.

using vuforia app (21m01s).png

Because Jim said "Using Vuforia APP" in the video, and it does look like Vuforia View.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLP3ex_8MQ&t=20m56s

I want to know if I have missed something there.

Best regards,

ClarK

WilsonT
13-Aquamarine

Hi Clark,

If you notice carefully, there is a "Vuforia" watermark at the bottom left corner. That simply suggests the use of Vuforia Engine. I believe there is some customization of Vuforia View app in the demo.

Top Tags