cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Possible start Vuforia Studio as a service, not a program?

RagnarRoestad
7-Bedrock

Possible start Vuforia Studio as a service, not a program?

Is it possible to start Vuforia Studio as a service, not a program?

I've installed Studio Trial on a Windows 2016 Server and would like to not be dependent of a specific user to log in and start the program to get the web service running.

There are different user that can RDP the server and participate in building experiences.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RagnarRoestad  At the moment, Vuforia Studio is been offered as a program.  If I understood your requirements correctly then I believe you can instead install the application locally on different individual machines/workstations.  Then, multiple users can create experiences locally on there studio app, however, they can publish the projects with different names pointing to the same Vuforia Experience Service.

Or Is there a need for the different users to work on the same AR project simultaneously  ??

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@RagnarRoestad  At the moment, Vuforia Studio is been offered as a program.  If I understood your requirements correctly then I believe you can instead install the application locally on different individual machines/workstations.  Then, multiple users can create experiences locally on there studio app, however, they can publish the projects with different names pointing to the same Vuforia Experience Service.

Or Is there a need for the different users to work on the same AR project simultaneously  ??

-Durgesh

Hi and thanks for your reply @dupatel 

Since posting I have got a better understanding of Studio for design and the Experience Server for hosting the running experience. I also see from the installation guide that Studio is not supported for Windows 2016 Server. 

/Ragnar

Top Tags