cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Publishing AR Contents from Creo 5.0 for Hololens?

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Publishing AR Contents from Creo 5.0 for Hololens?

Hi folks--

We are interested in publishing for Hololens, and would like to know if the direct publish from Creo 5.0 supports Hololens viewing?

We tried publishing a model from Creo 5.0, and sending the "share" link to a Hololens. But triggering the link on the Hololens didn't launch Vuforia View or load the experience.

Is there something else we need to do to load a Creo 5.0 experience on the Hololens, or is publishing from Creo not supported on the Hololens?

If it's not supported, is this feature on the roadmap? If so, what's the estimated timeframe for the feature being available?

--Clay

5 REPLIES 5

Hoping maybe @tmccombie or someone else from PTC can chime in on this...

Hi Clay, At this time, I do not believe that Creo AR supports HoloLens. I don't have much insight into the roadmap for this product, so I have created a TS case for you to ensure that the right folks can answer your question. 

Thanks, Tara--I wasn't sure whether this was more of a Creo question or an AR question. I'll track the TS case and follow up here.

--Clay

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:ClayHelberg)

We have now On Premise setup for Vuforia AR. 

How do we publish content directly from the Creo? Meaning what do I need in place to do that.

Preeti

Hi Preeti--

As far as I know, Creo publishes to a PTC cloud instance of the experience server. I don't know if there's a way to redirect it to publish to an on-premise ES.

As for what's required to publish from Creo, all you need is Creo 4.0 M010 or later. On the Tools tab there are controls for placing a thingmark (for earlier versions) or a spatial target (for later versions) and publishing. It's all built into Creo.

--Clay

Top Tags