cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Publishing size increases with every PVZ replacement

DaveRogers1
4-Participant

Publishing size increases with every PVZ replacement

Hi

Hoping there is a solution to my problem. I'm working on a large AR experience that includes a pvz file made in illustrate with several sequences. the size of the pvz is  around 80mb. Over the course of the design of the experience I have had to adjust the sequence in illustrate and replace the PVZ in the experience several times because of adjustments. every time i have deleted the outdated pvz from the resources section in vufori studio and also ensured it has been deleted from the folder so it is completely removed. however when i republish the experience the publish size doubles. the original publish size was 80mb, i have replaced the pvz 4 times and the publishing size is now 320mb even though i have deleted the old pvz's. it seems to still have the old files attached although no longer present.

is there a way to clean the experience up so it only publishes with a size of 80mb as expected.

thanks in advance for any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I noticed this problem last week and I think it's a newly introduced issue with 8.5.  The problem looks like it's the files that go into the <Project_name>\dist\app\resources\Uploaded folder

If I add a PVZ model as a resource and run the optimizer, I get 4 PVZ files - the original and the high, medium and low quality versions.  If I preview the experience now, before I delete the PVZ files that I don't want, all 4 PVZ files get stored in the <Project_name>\dist\app\resources\Uploaded folder, along with a folder that contains the extracted PVI files for the sequences for each PVZ.

So my case, each time I published the PVZ from Creo Illustrate, I was giving it a different suffix (_01, _02, etc) and so the original files were being left in the \dist\app\resources\Uploadedt folder and the ZIP file that Studio was uploading upon publish got bigger and bigger, even though I had deleted the resources that I did't want.  So in the end I cleared out the \dist\app\resources\Uploaded folder and deleted the ZIP file in the Project folder and then when I published it was back to a smaller size.

@tmccombie @RolandRaytchev is this something that can be investigated as I looks like a newly introduced problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I noticed this problem last week and I think it's a newly introduced issue with 8.5.  The problem looks like it's the files that go into the <Project_name>\dist\app\resources\Uploaded folder

If I add a PVZ model as a resource and run the optimizer, I get 4 PVZ files - the original and the high, medium and low quality versions.  If I preview the experience now, before I delete the PVZ files that I don't want, all 4 PVZ files get stored in the <Project_name>\dist\app\resources\Uploaded folder, along with a folder that contains the extracted PVI files for the sequences for each PVZ.

So my case, each time I published the PVZ from Creo Illustrate, I was giving it a different suffix (_01, _02, etc) and so the original files were being left in the \dist\app\resources\Uploadedt folder and the ZIP file that Studio was uploading upon publish got bigger and bigger, even though I had deleted the resources that I did't want.  So in the end I cleared out the \dist\app\resources\Uploaded folder and deleted the ZIP file in the Project folder and then when I published it was back to a smaller size.

@tmccombie @RolandRaytchev is this something that can be investigated as I looks like a newly introduced problem.

Allan

thankyou very much that has sorted the issue clearing the following folder :

\dist\app\resources\Uploaded folder

the publishing size is back to 80mb rather than 320mb

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:DaveRogers1)

This is a bug that needs resolved.  I noticed this also.  You don't want the user to manually manage the files in this folder.  When I optimize cad files and add more files...the expectation is that when I "delete" files in Studio, that the extra PVZ files also get removed from the folder to prevent publish of them.  In my case, I couldn't figure out why I published 120MB when I knew the optimized PVZ I chose was only 32MB.  I ended up just deleting the project and starting over...

I reproduced this issue locally and have reported it to R&D. I'll update this thread when I have more information. 

Top Tags