cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Question the connection between Vuforia and Thingworx.

sungyun
3-Visitor

Question the connection between Vuforia and Thingworx.

I'm going to build a vuforia platform server(ThingWorx, Experience server) in a cloud environment and use vuforia in a local factory.

1. Can I create an experience in vuforia studio and publish it to the cloud?

2. When working on vuforia studio, can I acquire data from cloud thingworx?

3. Can the local factory monitor the experience posted on the cloud through the vuforia view?

1 REPLY 1
yanchen
15-Moonstone
(To:sungyun)

Hi,

Here are some basic workflow between Vuforia Studio/Vuforia Experience Service (ES) and ThingWorx.

1. As long as the connection between Vuforia and ThingWorx is OK, then you can use Vuforia Studio to create experience and publish to ES

2. ES would connect your ThingWorx to get data from ThingWorx

3. Cloud environment is not a space in PTC, and will not use your local storage. You may need to access it if you want to install/troubleshoot in the future.

4. All experiences are published to ES and stored in ES site, you can check them in <ES server>\sutdio-es=store\projects folder, we will not use Vuforia View to monitor them. Vuforia View just downloads experience and views it.

Top Tags