cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

RESOLVED Known Issue: 3D models not visible on canvas

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

RESOLVED Known Issue: 3D models not visible on canvas

This issue has been resolved as of Chrome build 110.0.5481.100 and Microsoft Edge build 110.0.1587.49

We are aware of an issue with 3D models not displaying as expected within the Studio canvas when using Chrome build 109.0.5414.75 or Microsoft Edge build 109.0.1518.49.

This issue has been reported to Google. We will update this post when new information is available. 
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry, may be off topic:  if I remember  the similar abnormal situation with 3d model visualization was in Vuforia Studio 8.1.0 to 8.5.7 two+ years ago ( Article - CS276629  "3D canvas in Vuforia Studio is blank",   https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs276629?language=en&posno=2&q=vuforia%20studio%203D%20canvas&source=search  ). 

The reason of the error regards the WebGL support in the browser.  Maybe in the new case the reason is the same?

By the way: today I saw such an effect on one machine  (Windows Edu 10 x64, Chrome, MS Edge,  Opera - all cannot show 3D model in Canvas) and did not see the same on another  (Windows Edu 10 x64, Chrome, MS Edge,  Opera - all  visualize 3D model in Canvas).  

Surprisingly, after publishing, I was able to see the 3d model in both projects on a tablet with Vuforia View (!?)

" , 

Hi, I too encounter same issue and from PTC they sugested not to use edge or chrome of version 109. I tried with version 108 and it was working fine.

JR_10180367
5-Regular Member
(To:tmccombie)

Is there any update on this or suggested resolution?

Thanks

Hi @JR_10180367 

so far my knowledge here , this is a know issue and based on PTC 3th Party Tool – something for the latest browsers Library used in Google Chrome and latest Microsoft Edge version. Possibly something with the WebGl setting and probably related to the article mentioned by @vkrayushkin 

PTC is aware about the issue and it have been reported to the R&D. Issue is reported as Jira VTS-1330

For the PTC customer issue is documented in the following article /respectively PTC posts:

Known Issue: 3D models not visible on canvas

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Known-Issue-3D-models-not-visible-on-canvas/m-p/849294

Google Chrome(109.0.5414.75) and Microsoft Edge(109.0.1518.49) browsers causing Studio design time > 3D Canvas > 3D model not displaying and also not able to add more 3D models to canvas in Vuforia Studio

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS384388

Resolution

• Issue is not witnessed in Chrome 108 or Edge 108 version, so if possible please do not upgrade to Chrome 109 or Edge 109 version and use Chrome 108 or Edge 108 version or older as a workaround and PTC is investigating this issue with high priority
  • Reported to R&D as JIRA ticket VTS-1330

PTC Dev team is working currently on fix to this issue.

So the workaround, so far I know  could be:

• Discuss with companies IT to allow on some windows machines /where user works with Vuforia Studio/ to install the older version of chrome what is working.
  • ( because of company policies)  Another option to avoid installation  is to use the Chrome Portable version instead – e.g. download on https://google-chrome-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows   or other link location . You can download this portable version of chrome and start from the download folder. Some users confirmed already that this was helpful workaround for them. 
  • I heard also  that issue does not occurs when you go in developer mode (Strg-Shift-I) on chrome – but I think this is possibly not a good workaround, because it seems not always to work or is not convenient for usage. Unfortunately I could not test it, because all my machine have a IT policy which does not allow to update to the  chrome version where the problem occurs.
Kedar_ML
5-Regular Member
(To:tmccombie)

I was also facing this issue but after latest update of Chrome with version 110.0.5481.104, I am able to see the CAD model.

Top Tags