cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Shrinkwrap Creo Objects in Thingworx Studio and Thingworx View

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Shrinkwrap Creo Objects in Thingworx Studio and Thingworx View

I need a solution for using shrink-wrap created Creo Objects in Thingworx Studio.  In Creo View and Illustrate, I can apply the settings as shown below to see the information.  Is there a publisher setting I'm missing or a setting in Studio or View?  I put in an enhancement request for Creo View app on iPhone for this similar issue.  No way to show surfaces in Thingworx Studio that I have found.

Note: We have quite a few files in our windchill created from Shrinkwraps.

shrinkwrap-b.jpg

shirnkwrap.JPG

shirnkwrap-a.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:BillRyan)

Bill Ryan​ : I believe currently we do not have support in Thingworx Studio to show surfaces build on created from Shrinkwraps. I will double check internally with the Product Team of the feature availability/feasibility in new releases.

-Durgesh

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:dupatel)

Thanks Durgesh,

Also reference the product idea below created in 2012.  I believe there will be unhappy customers if PTC's downstream products can't consume or make use of Creo Parametric created surfaces. 

Publishing Option - Need Shrink-Wrap Geometry Publ... - PTC Community

I like that your initials align with PTC's new logo of connecting the Digital to the Physical world!

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BillRyan)

Good news is that these surfaces not showing up in Studio do show up on the Mobile Thingworx View application for the end user experience.  But it is going to be frustrating if the display of geometry and surfaces are not aligned between Creo View, Creo Illustrate, Thingworx Studio Canvas/Preview and Thingworx View.    I'm also seeing discrepancies on the colors of the objects between the applications for the PVZ file.  I'm sure this is just me not understanding how and where the colors are supposed to be applied.  Hopefully, PTC gets the Creo Parametric rendering capabilities integrated into Creo Illustrate and Creo View very soon! 

Top Tags