cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Starting Creo Illustrate: "Cannot find licence file"

DF_9703795
9-Granite

Starting Creo Illustrate: "Cannot find licence file"

Hi everyone,

i just downloaded Creo Illustrate and got a e-mail with my licence pack (.dat-file). 

I saved this .dat-file into: C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\

After starting Creo Illustrate i get the message: "Cannot find licence file", but the file is in this folder.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your help, really appreciate it.

I was not able to read the article (see attached picture) and then i tried some things on my own:

reinstalling the software (did not worked)

trying to use the free student version (same license issue)

reinstalling creo illustrate 6.0 and suddenly it worked? I don't know why but on thing that could have been the problem was, that in the field "License server" you need to write in not only the path of the file: C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing

I think the correct way is to also add the license file into the field "License server":

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\sw_license_email_1234567.dat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think this is a license file which could be a locked license file (where there is no flexnet server requidred) or this is a flexNet server licens file which should be used for the installing of the flexnet server. Here some references:

Where  is  suggested:

Delete the content of %appdata%/ptc/Illustrate folder

Enter the correct path to the license file in the License Server field

NOTE: Article - CS49606 provides information on configuring Creo Illustrate license 

• check depending on license file type  set variable or set reference to server

How to configure Creo Illustrate with node locked or a floating license file?

• explains how to setup the server

How to fill in the License Information of Creo View and Creo Illustrate Startup dialog box

• How to install the flexNet, please, refer to this PTC TS article:

How to install PTC License Server with License Manager LMADMIN for PTC Flex-enabled applications

Thank you for your help, really appreciate it.

I was not able to read the article (see attached picture) and then i tried some things on my own:

reinstalling the software (did not worked)

trying to use the free student version (same license issue)

reinstalling creo illustrate 6.0 and suddenly it worked? I don't know why but on thing that could have been the problem was, that in the field "License server" you need to write in not only the path of the file: C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing

I think the correct way is to also add the license file into the field "License server":

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\sw_license_email_1234567.dat

If you can not see the PTC article (to be albe to see the contetnt of the article you need a user accont to the ptc database) , you can let me know to share it here the relevant info form the first article:

Resolution
Create an Environment Variable PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE with value pointing to:
For node locked license file - Location of node locked license file 
For floating license file - <7788@SERVER_NAME>
Refer article CS257475 to know how to set environment variable PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE.

Means in your case - here  you dont have  a server but you have a locked license file.

The correct solution is to create a variable PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE and to set it to the complete path of the license file. So far I see the installation used by default the variable PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE

Top Tags