cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Suddenly unable to publish to our PTC experience server

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Suddenly unable to publish to our PTC experience server

Hi folks--

This is primarily aimed at PTC support folks. We have suddenly stopped being able to publish to our Vuforia experience server (PTC-hosted). Everything was working last week, but now we can't publish. We get 403 errors, "Insufficient permissions to access resource".

We are able to log into Thingworx Composer and seem to have all the correct permissions there. It seems to be something between the ES and Thingworx that's broken.

We need to get this fixed as soon as possible, because we need to be able to publish and test demo experiences for our customers.

@ytella or @tmccombie can you help get this resolved please? Sorry to ping you directly like this, but apparently this is the only route for tech support available to PTC partners, and the need is urgent. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ClayHelberg  Looks like the app key on your TWX server had expired. You should be all set now. Please let me know  if you are still facing issues. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:ClayHelberg)

@ClayHelberg  Could you review the article- https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS268110 and validate the steps especially from 6 onwards -

Assigning Publish permissions to the User:

1. In ThingWorx, navigate to Security > User Groups, next to group filter field, click on Advanced and check the Show System Objects
  2. Select Developers group and click on Edit Members
  3. From the Edit members dialog box, drag and drop the new user into the right panel
  4. Click on Save
  5. Since ThingWorx 8.5, steps 6 to should be done
  6. In Permissions Collections Resources menu
  7. In Design Time menu
  8. In Search Users or Groups field, enter Developers string
  9. In list, in new row added about Developers, switch on the Read Permissions
  10. Click the Save button
  11. In Vuforia Studio, validate by publishing a sample Project

-Durgesh

Hi @dupatel --

Thanks for the quick response. I've checked all that. The users are members of Adminstrators and Developers groups. Our cloud server is on Thingworx 8.0.14-b816, so steps 6-9 don't apply to us.

--Clay

@ClayHelberg I am looking into this. 

Thanks, @tmccombie ! Please let me know if you need any additional information.

@ClayHelberg  Looks like the app key on your TWX server had expired. You should be all set now. Please let me know  if you are still facing issues. 

Thanks, @tmccombie , that seems to have done the trick!

Top Tags