cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Support for Creo Illustrate 6.1 decals?

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Support for Creo Illustrate 6.1 decals?

Hi folks--

Creo Illustrate 6.1 offers a new feature that allows you to attach a decal graphic onto a part, so that it moves with the part like a texture. I'm currently using Creo for decals and textures, but it would be a lot easier if I could do this in Creo Illustrate instead.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that the current Vuforia Studio supports these decals. When I create an illustration/sequence with a decal and publish to PVZ, and then load it into Studio, the decal is not visible. Does anyone from PTC have and information on when this will be supported in Studio? @RolandRaytchev @sdidier 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately support was not able to be added to Studio at the same time as Creo Illustrate. Work is in progress to have that support  in the next release. Please keep in mind that this is still in work and we will do our best to include it, but as always we will not release it until it is ready.

One thing to keep in mind when using decals, is that if you over optimize the geometry. There is a chance the decal will not display. This can happen if the surface you apply the decal to changes too much in the optimization process. Then we no longer know where the decal should go. So once support is there, keep this in mind.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Clay,

I don't have any information now about that.

I am contacting the Product Manager to have more details.

I will come back to you as soon as I wil have them.

Best regards,

Samuel

Thanks for looking into it, Samuel!

Unfortunately support was not able to be added to Studio at the same time as Creo Illustrate. Work is in progress to have that support  in the next release. Please keep in mind that this is still in work and we will do our best to include it, but as always we will not release it until it is ready.

One thing to keep in mind when using decals, is that if you over optimize the geometry. There is a chance the decal will not display. This can happen if the surface you apply the decal to changes too much in the optimization process. Then we no longer know where the decal should go. So once support is there, keep this in mind.

-Jeff

Thanks for the update, Jeff! I appreciate wanting to make sure the feature is solid before releasing it. If I seem overly eager, it's because I can see how much value this feature will add for AR content creation, and I already have projects where it would make things a lot easier.

Also, thanks for the reminder about optimization, the caution is duly noted. Still, it's a lot better than it used to be, where optimizing wouldn't even try to preserve the textures or decals (added in Creo Parametric), it would just strip them out.

Top Tags