cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Terminologies Thinforx foundation server & Thingworx experiance url? explains what?

ppradhan-2
1-Newbie

Terminologies Thinforx foundation server & Thingworx experiance url? explains what?

Terminologies Thinforx foundation server & Thingworx experiance url? explains what? what does this terminologies explains?

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey moving to ThingWorx Studio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pravin pradhan​ I can understand the reason behind the question, as different people use different terminologies to refer the same product it would lead to a confusion of products.

Corresponding to the ThingWorx Studio AR ecosystem, for creating an AR project we have different components:

• ThingWorx Studio - Platform to develop, create and publish AR projects
  • ThingWorx Platform (IoT) - I assume you might be familiar with ThingWorx Platform or ThingWorx Composer. In that case, 'WRT Studio" technically ThingWorx platform = ThingWorx Composer = ThingWorx Foundation Server = ThingWorx Core
  • ThingWorx View - iOS/Android/HoloLens app for viewing the AR projects published to Experience Service.
  • ThingWorx Experience Service - Application which acts as a hub of all the AR components i.e.,
    • Stores the "published" projects from ThingWorx Studio,
    • Creates a connection with IoT (Here it is ThingWorx platform) so that the AR project retrieves the live IoT data and
    • Experience service is responsible for viewing AR projects in ThingWorx View app

I would also recommend to watch ThingWorx Studio Architecture Overview Video - provides a greater insights about the product

NOTE: The ES URL is the Experience Service URL, getting access to the ES URL varies based on the account type i.e., Studio Trial vs PTC commercial hosted. For Studio Trial participants, configuring "Portal Login" should automatically retrieve the ES url and the corresponding ThingMark. For the commercial hosted customers, PTC shall send the ES url and ThingMarks through an email to customer's point of contact.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pravin pradhan​ I can understand the reason behind the question, as different people use different terminologies to refer the same product it would lead to a confusion of products.

Corresponding to the ThingWorx Studio AR ecosystem, for creating an AR project we have different components:

• ThingWorx Studio - Platform to develop, create and publish AR projects
  • ThingWorx Platform (IoT) - I assume you might be familiar with ThingWorx Platform or ThingWorx Composer. In that case, 'WRT Studio" technically ThingWorx platform = ThingWorx Composer = ThingWorx Foundation Server = ThingWorx Core
  • ThingWorx View - iOS/Android/HoloLens app for viewing the AR projects published to Experience Service.
  • ThingWorx Experience Service - Application which acts as a hub of all the AR components i.e.,
    • Stores the "published" projects from ThingWorx Studio,
    • Creates a connection with IoT (Here it is ThingWorx platform) so that the AR project retrieves the live IoT data and
    • Experience service is responsible for viewing AR projects in ThingWorx View app

I would also recommend to watch ThingWorx Studio Architecture Overview Video - provides a greater insights about the product

NOTE: The ES URL is the Experience Service URL, getting access to the ES URL varies based on the account type i.e., Studio Trial vs PTC commercial hosted. For Studio Trial participants, configuring "Portal Login" should automatically retrieve the ES url and the corresponding ThingMark. For the commercial hosted customers, PTC shall send the ES url and ThingMarks through an email to customer's point of contact.

that was really a nice explanation got all points Thank you.

Top Tags