cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ThingMark recognition below actual physical location

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

ThingMark recognition below actual physical location

Hi,

I have one ThingMark in particular that no matter how I scan it (from very slightly different angles) with the HoloLens, once it is recognised and the crawling green outline becomes a full green ThingMark outline indicating full lock, etc., when I step back to view the AR, the green border outline appears approx. 40mm below the actual physical location of the ThingMark I had just scanned. Any of the other project ThingMarks seem fine not experiencing this issue and I can't see any settings in TWX Studio that are any different between the projects.

Also, a second query: how do you turn on the Voice recognition for TWX View in HoloLens??? I haven't used this facility yet

Regards,

Brian

ABB.PNG

(Excuse the image quality: taken with phone camera through the HoloLens!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flamy
10-Marble
(To:bwhelan)

Brian,

I am not sure for the Green Border outline , typically this happened to me if the ThingMark is not exactly the same size as the one defined in the experience in TW Studio.

For the Voice Command I used an "Application Event" in TW Studio and provide the text of the voice command I want Cortana to recognize in the Voice Alias String ( see below an example with an Application Event called Info, the Voice command is Name  :

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
flamy
10-Marble
(To:bwhelan)

Brian,

I am not sure for the Green Border outline , typically this happened to me if the ThingMark is not exactly the same size as the one defined in the experience in TW Studio.

For the Voice Command I used an "Application Event" in TW Studio and provide the text of the voice command I want Cortana to recognize in the Voice Alias String ( see below an example with an Application Event called Info, the Voice command is Name  :

Capture.JPG

bwhelan
12-Amethyst
(To:flamy)

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the response. Regarding the ThingMark issue, I have been very careful to ensure that the physical ThingMark accurately represented the dimensions contained in TWX Studio; I had issues with getting accurate locks when trying to view Experiences prior to HoloLens with other mobile devices, like iPads, etc. I guess I will continue to experiment with this 30~40mm negative offset that just won't go away!!

Thanks for the info regarding Voice also!

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I just saw your issue about the depth offset and I'm having the same problem (Problems with ThingMark depth in HoloLens experiences).  In my case, as I'm using a large ThingMark, I'm seeing an offset behind/below that is measured in meters.  Did you ever resolve this?

Regards,

Allan

Hi Allan,

I have found that the physical printout of the ThingMark must be exactly the dimensions as the dimensions set in TWX Studio for that particular ThingMark. Even with larger ThingMarks, even an error of a few millimetres discrepancy can make a significant difference in the locking.

Having said that, when using the TWX View on HoloLens, if you are experiencing this sort of offset error, if you command the HoloLens/TWX View to re-track ("Hey View.... Tracking") you should find that the View will re-lock onto the ThingMark and establish a better display. Hope this helps, Allan?

Regards,

Brian

Top Tags