cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

ThingWorx Data to Vuforia Studio (3D-eyewear)

rrzink91
8-Gravel

ThingWorx Data to Vuforia Studio (3D-eyewear)

There doesn't seem to be a lot I can do in the 3D-eyewear setting in Vuforia in terms of porting over ThingWorx data. My overall goal is to use either hand gestures or voice commands to render in text data from ThingWorx. I know I can use a click event to render local text input from the label widget, but I'm having a lot of trouble using the same method to bring over data from ThingWorx. Am I missing something? I know that if I were working over in the Mobile setting, I could just use a datagrid to get the info I need over, but that's not the case with the 3D-eyewear setting. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rrzink91 ,

on eyewear device we have only 3d Widgets and unfortunately, we do not have the functionality what we know form the mobile project  2d widgets – so this means we need to try to render all Thingworx live data using the eyewear 3d widgets.

To show values we can use 3d labels, 3D gauges and 3d Images. Ok for current value I think the functionality good enough but for some chars, steams etc. we do not have direct functionality to cover this functionality

In some cases, we can try to use some alternative techniques.

For example, we can display charts in a 3d Image widgets – e.g. dynamic generated SVG file format. E.g. I want to refer to :

Display SVG as 3D Image on Hololens

Is it possible to create Proportional Chart or Progress Gauge in Vuforia Studio?

Is 3d Widget Dialog possible?

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_svg.asp

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Element/svg

I did not have the case where I need to try to display some data grids elements. One possible way is to try to generated the Mashup in Thigworx with the required display and then create snap shot image of it for specific interval of time and then save the current display to an TWX File repository. Then you can with inside an interval callback always load the picture from the repository and display it to the 3d Image widget. No idea if this really work, because often the real problems occurs with some details. What I know that it will work is to load a file form the repository and to display it in 3d-Eyewear Image widget. Do display a specific mashup with charts data grids in TWX is also no problem. What should be more tricky to manage is to create the snapshot in a specific interval and to save it to a repository, but I think it could be possible.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @rrzink91 ,

on eyewear device we have only 3d Widgets and unfortunately, we do not have the functionality what we know form the mobile project  2d widgets – so this means we need to try to render all Thingworx live data using the eyewear 3d widgets.

To show values we can use 3d labels, 3D gauges and 3d Images. Ok for current value I think the functionality good enough but for some chars, steams etc. we do not have direct functionality to cover this functionality

In some cases, we can try to use some alternative techniques.

For example, we can display charts in a 3d Image widgets – e.g. dynamic generated SVG file format. E.g. I want to refer to :

Display SVG as 3D Image on Hololens

Is it possible to create Proportional Chart or Progress Gauge in Vuforia Studio?

Is 3d Widget Dialog possible?

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_svg.asp

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Element/svg

I did not have the case where I need to try to display some data grids elements. One possible way is to try to generated the Mashup in Thigworx with the required display and then create snap shot image of it for specific interval of time and then save the current display to an TWX File repository. Then you can with inside an interval callback always load the picture from the repository and display it to the 3d Image widget. No idea if this really work, because often the real problems occurs with some details. What I know that it will work is to load a file form the repository and to display it in 3d-Eyewear Image widget. Do display a specific mashup with charts data grids in TWX is also no problem. What should be more tricky to manage is to create the snapshot in a specific interval and to save it to a repository, but I think it could be possible.

Top Tags