cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ThingWorx and Augmented Reality: Getting the ThingName from the ThingMark

kpashov
1-Newbie

ThingWorx and Augmented Reality: Getting the ThingName from the ThingMark

Hello,

I am attempting to link several different assets with the Thingworx AR app - i.e., I would have several different electric motors and, depending on the serial number of the asset, this would bring in contextually correct real-time data and potentially a slightly different experience (i.e., the ThingMark might be in a different place for each individual asset).

To do this, I have implemented the .VumarkEnabledShape onto my template, which adds the VuMark and Registered properties onto my template. I can see all of this through Thingworx Studio as well.

I imagine that I need to have a service on the platform that takes in a ThingMark as and argument and retrieve a ThingName. How can I do that?

Kind regards,

Kal

2 REPLIES 2

Just build a helper thing with a service which accepts the ThingMark and does a query on the model to find the right Thing.

Hi Kayolan,

it's even much simpler than that: When you create a ThingTemplate based Experience ThingWorx Studio will automatically resolve the ThingMark to the name of your Thing and provide it as Application Parameter (top right). There is a section describing the steps needed in the HelpCenter: Using a ThingMark-Enabled Thing Template in an Experience. ​There is also a very good Webinar that describes and shows how to setup a ThingTemplate-based Experience: Vuforia Studio Tips Webcast #5 (Working with IoT Data) - 10/26 - the example of a ThingTemplate-based experience starts at 7:36.

Cheers, moritz

Top Tags