cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx Studio w/ Thingworx composer

Stefani-G
8-Gravel

Thingworx Studio w/ Thingworx composer

Hello,
I need to know if i buy the Vuforia Studio, do i will need to buy the Thingworx Composer to build the data for do the Augmented Reality with IoT?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You get a ThingWorx server setup with the Vuforia Experience Server that hosts the experiences that you publish, but it's only to be used for User management.  This is the message in the email that you get when your server is setup about this:

Reminder: This ThingWorx instance is ONLY intended to be used for user account management for the Experience Service. All other usage (e.g. IoT Application development, Mashup creation, Thing Modeling) of this ThingWorx instance is prohibited and not supported. Please contact your sales person if you require a fully functional ThingWorx instance

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes. To add IoT data to your AR experiences, you will need to have a ThingWorx Platform license. 

Thank you for your answer!
I just want to ask one more thing
if i buy the thingworx studio that will give me the ThingWorx Platform license?

I don't believe that a Vuforia Studio license includes a ThingWorx Platform license. That would be something to discuss with your Sales rep. 

You get a ThingWorx server setup with the Vuforia Experience Server that hosts the experiences that you publish, but it's only to be used for User management.  This is the message in the email that you get when your server is setup about this:

Reminder: This ThingWorx instance is ONLY intended to be used for user account management for the Experience Service. All other usage (e.g. IoT Application development, Mashup creation, Thing Modeling) of this ThingWorx instance is prohibited and not supported. Please contact your sales person if you require a fully functional ThingWorx instance

Thank you so much !

Top Tags