cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

URL Image and video no longer available?

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

URL Image and video no longer available?

Not sure when this happened but i noticed that the URL Image and URL Video widgets are gone in ThingWorx Studio 8.2.3

I'm guessing this is to support download and offline. While I really like the new download options for some of my use cases I'm also looking to deliver a lot of video in my experience and without URL videos it's not going to be possible, as in i don't want to load up my experience hundreds of MB of videos.

While i have not tried to hack a URL image back into an experience by editing the home.json file, there should be a way to have online content and deal with being offline. Dealing with offline could be as easy as showing and alternate image saying "xxx not available in downloaded experiences"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:jmikesell)

Hi @jmikesell,

From 8.2.0 version, studio only offers a single *Image* widget instead of Resource Image and URL Image widgets. That is, the widget palette offers only the new *Image* widget.

This Image widget Source property allows editing and typing in text. That is, you can directly type in or paste the URL as shown below in the source property:
Image.JPG

You can access the video widget in the same way. Please let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:jmikesell)

Hi @jmikesell,

From 8.2.0 version, studio only offers a single *Image* widget instead of Resource Image and URL Image widgets. That is, the widget palette offers only the new *Image* widget.

This Image widget Source property allows editing and typing in text. That is, you can directly type in or paste the URL as shown below in the source property:
Image.JPG

You can access the video widget in the same way. Please let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Thank you!

Top Tags