cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Upgrading to Vuforia Studio 8.3.2

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Upgrading to Vuforia Studio 8.3.2

Vuforia Studio 8.3.2 has been released! To upgrade to the latest version on Windows machines, please see this Knowledge Base article: Upgrading to Vuforia Studio 8.3.2

11 REPLIES 11
bwhelan
12-Amethyst
(To:tmccombie)

Hi Tara,

I have re-installed (twice!) the latest version of Studio having uninstalled the previous version as per normal, but when the install completes, I still get the pop up stating that the current version is Version 8.3.1 (8.3.1.3479)

This is a bit confusing as when I went back to uninstall this version again, I noticed that in the Control Panel the version now currently installed shows as 8.3.2.3622?

Is this an issue? 

Regards,

Brian

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:bwhelan)

Hi Brian,

If you completely stop Studio and restart it - does the version show correctly? 

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

Hi Tara,

I'm afraid not. But it shows the correct version in Control Panel:

Vuf.JPG

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Hmm. Looks like it may be an issue with the splash screen. I was able to reproduce the issue, but after killing the Studio process and restarting the application, it now shows as 8.3.2. Can you share your Studio log file? 

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

Hi Tara,

On starting work this morning I rebooted the PC, cleared out any cache, ensured that any instance of V Studio was NOT running and restarted the application. What it did do this time was to start performing the setup, libraries, etc. which it did not do yesterday! 

Long story short, the splash screen now displays the proper version of V Studio. All is good!

Thanks for the help and feedback,

Brian

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@bwhelan This issue is been observed I believe if uninstalled and installed without doing a machine restart. Someone it uses cached Studio app UI and hence the confusion. As you said, restarting and clearing any pending running services should resolve this issue.

Hope things are all well now for you.

-Durgesh

bwhelan
12-Amethyst
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh,

Yes indeed all working perfectly now. Nice to know you guys are monitoring the posts ! 

Perhaps a simple list of what to do literally step by step should be made available for anyone wishing to upgrade including steps as mentioned about rebooting, etc. 

As a matter of interest, why was the updating method changed from automatic to manual? 

Regards as always,

Brian

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@bwhelan Thank you for your feedback and really appreciate your suggestions for improvement.

Believe me, I already had updated our Knowledge base document to explicitly mention regarding restart as it help resolve/unlink any old references. We continuously  update and improving documentation based on feedback, issue and observations.

Regarding the update changes to manual allow me to get back to you soon with exact details & roadmap directly from Product Management team.

-Durgesh

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

Hi Durgesh,

That is excellent! Carry on the good work. Look forward to hearing from you in the near future too!

Many thanks,

Brian

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@bwhelan As per feedback from product team, I believe in next release the auto upgrade should work again. It was not intentional to require manual uninstall and reinstall. The most recent snafu with the auto upgrade was due to a change in certificate identity and rebranding from ThingWorx Studio to Vuforia Studio.

-Durgesh

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

Hi Durgesh,

That is indeed wonderful news! Many thanks for that update (no pun intended!!)

Best regards,

Brian

Top Tags