cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Using surface on HoloLnes like on mobile

Rapha97
7-Bedrock

Using surface on HoloLnes like on mobile

Good morning,

At the moment I have to place a Target in the 3D Space to link labels, buttons and images to it.

Without the target I don`t see anything on the HoloLens.

Is it possible to interrupt the connection between a ModelTarget and the widgets, so that the widgets (labels, buttons, images,...) always are shown?

At current time, if you look away from the Target, the widgets stay static at the target. I just want to display the widgets also, when the user don`t look at the target.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Rapha97 ,

I am not sure if I could understand correctly your problem.

So far I understand that want you mean is the 2d view of the mobile platform  what you can call without any directly geometrical references.

We have here the 2d Eyewear projects but they are supported only for RealWear and Vuzix devices

On the HoloLens we do not have such type (2d view) so means all things should have an anchor on the geometry - thingmark, model target , image target or special target. The 2d projects are not supported on this device. Your labels , images and geometries  will be displayed first when the target was scanned and recognized as such. An interruption of the current operation  will do not help because the HoloLens device  will go back in scan modus again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Rapha97 ,

I am not sure if I could understand correctly your problem.

So far I understand that want you mean is the 2d view of the mobile platform  what you can call without any directly geometrical references.

We have here the 2d Eyewear projects but they are supported only for RealWear and Vuzix devices

On the HoloLens we do not have such type (2d view) so means all things should have an anchor on the geometry - thingmark, model target , image target or special target. The 2d projects are not supported on this device. Your labels , images and geometries  will be displayed first when the target was scanned and recognized as such. An interruption of the current operation  will do not help because the HoloLens device  will go back in scan modus again

Hi,

yes, you understood me right. The problem is the anchor. I wanted to display the 3D widgets from the 3D Eyewear Project without any anchor, so that the user can view the 3D widgets all time, without looking to the anchor.

Unfortunately the 2D Eyewear Vuzix M300 is sold out. So the only option is the RealWear HMT-1 or the HMT-1Z1.

Thank you anyway

Top Tags