cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Video not visible in downloaded mobile experience of Vuforia Studio

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

Video not visible in downloaded mobile experience of Vuforia Studio

Hi,

I have uploaded some videos in Vuforia Studio Mobile experience, but the videos are not visible if we download the experience and then view through Vuforia View app.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya Gupta

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Aditya1702 ,

unfortunately I have no informaiton how you did try  to downlaod the video from repository .

One way I used in the past was  to load to mobile via LoadBinary service and then to set the property videosrc of e.g. 2D video widget.

So here I attached an sample project where I tested it in preview and IOS moble where that worked fine.

In the sample project I used repository thing name CADRepository1_test . I added the thing to the Vuforia Studio Expernal data section and also refered there to  the service LoadBinary.

I used some blob convert and I am not sure if that is realy required for the mobile use case but anyways it works (I tested in the 9.20) so that I will provide unchanged. Thanks

here to test (ES is not always active now started but if not active , please notify that I could run it)

2024-07-16_10-35-22.jpg

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

When you view an experience through Vuforia View app there's a provision to download the experience to view the same without internet connection.

So when I viewed that same experience through Vuforia View app by opening it from the downloads tab from View app it did not showed videos.

I have resolved the issue it was an issue in code where I used ".mp4" instead of ".MP4" since the uploaded video file was having the extension ".MP4"

Thanks you.

No sure, but if I understoond correctly your feedback. that was not an issue to download an video file from repository but more then some think like that:

-all files are in the Studio Project

-you want to downlaod the project to offline mode . And that was not working means the proejct could not play the internal videos.

So from my understanding it should not make a difference when you load and play a file form a local project folder. So means if it will  work with Internet connection it will also work  in offline mode  because the access is only to the proejct folder

Of course in offline mode we can not download any data from TWX or anywehre else.

Therefore it is alsways important to report the issue more detailed so to have possibly the correct answer. Thank you!

Top Tags