cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

View PDF Files From a Repository

jrumpza
7-Bedrock

View PDF Files From a Repository

I've seen a few discussions dance around this topic, but I haven't been able to figure out a final answer - I am wondering if it is currently possible to view a PDF stored in a ThingWorx repository within the context of a Mashup.

I've tried binding the downloadLink of the file into the URL a WebFrame widget, but that just initiates a download of the PDF upon passing in that URL. Likewise, I attempted binding the downloadLink to the Image widget, but it still cannot render (screenshot below from Chrome). I am using the downloadLink as provided by GetFileListingWithLinks - http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/FileRepositories/GeneralRepository/Sorting.pdf, in my case. I also tried using an HTML widget but had no luck there.

Example.PNG

Is there any way other than storing this PDF as an image that I would be able to view it in a Mashup? From another discussion thread, I found this URL to a PDF file that I can successfully open within a WebFrame widget. So it perhaps seems that there is a setting on the ThingWorx side that forces Repository links to be downloaded rather than rendered in the browser.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe

1 REPLY 1

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?

@jrumpza wrote:

I've seen a few discussions dance around this topic, but I haven't been able to figure out a final answer - I am wondering if it is currently possible to view a PDF stored in a ThingWorx repository within the context of a Mashup.

I've tried binding the downloadLink of the file into the URL a WebFrame widget, but that just initiates a download of the PDF upon passing in that URL. Likewise, I attempted binding the downloadLink to the Image widget, but it still cannot render (screenshot below from Chrome). I am using the downloadLink as provided by GetFileListingWithLinks - http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/FileRepositories/GeneralRepository/Sorting.pdf, in my case. I also tried using an HTML widget but had no luck there.

Example.PNG

Is there any way other than storing this PDF as an image that I would be able to view it in a Mashup? From another discussion thread, I found this URL to a PDF file that I can successfully open within a WebFrame widget. So it perhaps seems that there is a setting on the ThingWorx side that forces Repository links to be downloaded rather than rendered in the browser.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe

Top Tags