cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Vudoria sample project setup

krthk86g
12-Amethyst

Vudoria sample project setup

Hello, 

I have setup the andriod studio and followed the steps as per link below

https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/Getting-Started-with-Vuforia-for-Android-Development

result directly 

pic 1.png

and imported the project updated as shown below

pic 2.png

but never found a directory called libs in the folder structure.

pic 3.png

Result is this, 

not able to set up a sample project, I am a mechanical engineer so may not have a complete background of android studio and other stuff.

please someone guide me out to setup the sample application and make a new application in android studio and publish (Demo)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kornelius
12-Amethyst
(To:krthk86g)

Hi @krthk86g ,
Great to hear you finished already the development for this. The project files are saved locally on your machine and are not lost when the trial expires. You will then still be able to preview your project in the Studio Preview but you will no longer be able to see it on the device with Vuforia View. Please reach out to sales regarding your use case to see how we can support you best. 
Moving your Studio project to a Vuforia Engine project is not easily possible. You would have to rebuild most as it leverages a different development environment (Android Studio vs. Vuforia Studio Authoring). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kornelius
12-Amethyst

Hi @krthk86g,

Is your intention to work with the Vuforia Engine? Then I recommend to check out the Engine specific community which you can find here: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum

Else, if you want to focus on creating AR Experience content and don't worry so much about the setup, then I recommend Vuforia Studio, which this is the right forum to. Most non-software developers prefer this tool to create AR Experiences as it lets them focus on the value they can create with Augmented Reality. You get started immediately here: https://trial.studio.vuforia.com/
This will provide you with an easy to navigate interface and you can publish your projects to an Android device as well. iOS and HoloLens is supported as well.

krthk86g
12-Amethyst
(To:kornelius)

Hi, 

I have developed using vuforia studio which is very good and can support Creo files, illustrate assemblies but I have to make one demo use case as an independent application. because the vuforia published project may get lost when the trial period is over. 

kornelius
12-Amethyst

Hi @krthk86g ,
Great to hear you finished already the development for this. The project files are saved locally on your machine and are not lost when the trial expires. You will then still be able to preview your project in the Studio Preview but you will no longer be able to see it on the device with Vuforia View. Please reach out to sales regarding your use case to see how we can support you best. 
Moving your Studio project to a Vuforia Engine project is not easily possible. You would have to rebuild most as it leverages a different development environment (Android Studio vs. Vuforia Studio Authoring). 

krthk86g
12-Amethyst
(To:kornelius)

Hi,

I am an independent MBD consultant and trying to demonstrate the capability of MBD using PTC products, so using the trial version of creo and vuforia but the time limit is not sufficient to create the demo use case, also lacking with windchill trail solution. Is there a possibility to provide an extended period for creo and vuforia. 

Top Tags