cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Vuforia Chalk

Lionel_Brly
11-Garnet

Vuforia Chalk

Hi All,

I searching how to lauch "Vuforia Chalk" trough a Vuforia Studio Experience with a widget "button".
Is it feasible? Someone already tried ?
Any advice on JS code ?
Thanks for your help
Lionel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chcote
6-Contributor
(To:Lionel_Brly)

Hi, so in the short term, I suggest you use a Hyperlink widget (and style it as a button if you wish), and then put vuforiachalk:// as the URL. Please note that this is not officially supported, is not a universal link (i.e. doesn't work unless the Chalk app is already installed), and isn't something we've tested thoroughly. Therefore, use at your own risk (should be sufficient for a demo). The Studio team has a Chalk widget in the works which should address your use case, but doesn't have a fixed release date yet. Thanks

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

This feature is currently not available but is on our road map for future releases. 

OK, thanks for your answer.

Hi @Lionel_Brly -- just noticed this question (and @tmccombie provided an accurate response).

We currently have app deep-linking, but it's not officially documented and supported.

Could you provide more context on what you're hoping to achieve or see? Are you a Vuforia Studio user and trying to configure a Studio widget?

Dan

Product

Dan Hitomi
Product

Hi,

Yes, I can give you some details.

I'm a PTC Partner in France, My role is Pre-sale Director.

This request is not really coming from a customer in terms of "usecase", two weeks ago, I did a demonstration on Vuforia Studio and on Chalk, this demo has been well appreciated by the customer, and I had a lot of questions during this demo, particulary on "how to contact an expert ?"
During viewing an experience (Maintenance usescase) if I misunderstand something, something is missing to understand the details, how can I contact an expert ? (To have a audio & video conversation)

it seemed obvious for me to use "Chalk" and by consequence, to be able to launch "chalk" from an experience.

What can be the differnts steps?

1-Launching a Vuforia experience

2-In case of needs, have an access  to "Chalk" through Button 
3-Access to "Chalk"'s address book
4-Select an Expert
5-Open a connection

To be honest with you, the integration of the two products, seems to me to be an interesting business opportunity.

For your information, this integration has been presented (PPT Slides) during a PTC Webcast on Augmented reality, in French for French PTC Partners ans Customer, last week.

Do not hesitate if you need more detail.

Please keep me in the loop if any decision about integration.

Thanks.

Lionel

Snapshot from the PTC Webcast. 

This can help you to understand.

Lionel

Hi @Lionel_Brly - thanks for the sharing the screenshot.

FYI - I didn't realize at the time of responding the last time that I was in the Studio community. I had received a direct link to this thread and assumed I was posting under the Chalk community. I'm the Product Lead for Chalk, so I'm familiar with the slide you're sharing as our team prepared it.

Let me check in with a Studio PM to see if they can help here. The slide you shared is the intended, near-term experience we'd like for our Studio customers to be able to initiate a Chalk call. We've been demo'ing the app-to-app flow (achieved via app deep-linking in Chalk) for a few months now.

Thanks,

Dan Hitomi
Product

Hi All,

I need to know  how I can use Vuforia chalk on top of vuforia studio.

I went through some links provided in ptc community also but people have given solution to add a button or navigation button which will navigate to Vuforia chalk from studio. But I want to implement on top of studio.

Is it possible? 

Any document or help wrt this implementation will help. 

chcote
6-Contributor
(To:NaveenGourav)

Hi,

if what you are looking for is Chalk functionality directly in Studio or View, that is not available today, but is on our longer term roadmap.

Thanks

Its ok .But I want to integrate Vuforia chalk with Studio in any way. 

Take a example of we are using studio and then I want to naviagate it to chalk.If it is possible please let me know.

Hi,

I have uploaded a Project Example ...

If you go under home.js you'll find "hows to call chalk?"

If you go under application you will find "how to style a button?"

I just tested this experience on "Ipad Pro", it's working !

I use it just for demo!

note: Chalk should be installed before testing, You can test only on mobile platform..

Lionel

I hope this will help you

Hi

What do you mean by "on top of studio"?

Lionel

Hi Leonel,

I want to integrate thingworx studio with Vuforia Chalk. Do you have any doc or URL for this.

chcote
6-Contributor
(To:Lionel_Brly)

Hi, so in the short term, I suggest you use a Hyperlink widget (and style it as a button if you wish), and then put vuforiachalk:// as the URL. Please note that this is not officially supported, is not a universal link (i.e. doesn't work unless the Chalk app is already installed), and isn't something we've tested thoroughly. Therefore, use at your own risk (should be sufficient for a demo). The Studio team has a Chalk widget in the works which should address your use case, but doesn't have a fixed release date yet. Thanks

Hi,
Ok it's very clear, I just tried with just an URL, it's working, as you wrote, for the momentit'll be ok for demo.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lionel

Top Tags