cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Vuforia Studio Cloud Commercial license activation

rsingaram
11-Garnet

Vuforia Studio Cloud Commercial license activation

Customer placed an order for Vuforia Studio 6 months trial license with PTC.

How do I install this?

Currently we see only trial license as 30 days. Where to set this as 6 months valid access?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:rsingaram)

@rsingaram Could you please share the user ID for which activation or Trail activation was done to track and review.

-Durgesh

This is a customer's paid license. So, I am not supposed share the details.

However, I can explain what we are doing now.

Installed like a normal "trial" license access that shows 30 days counting down. In the info page, change the experience server location to that is assigned by PTC. This requests username/password that we enter the login detail given by PTC. So the user can publish inside the assigned cloud location and cross-checked with mobile phone access.

My worry now is that, after 30 days what is going to happen (the customer paid license for 6 months - 180 days).

Already my 30 day trial license is deactivated and no response from PTC to activate this.

- Ravi

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@rsingaram For paid commercial license the expiry limit is not 30 days and it gets renewed based on the contract.

The Trial license comes with default expiry of 30 days and cannot be extended for every instance. Extension request is reviewed and approved considering couple of parameters by provisioning & sales team which could take some time.

-Durgesh

Thanks

So, the customer will see the days going down from 30 to 29... and when it is last day, it will reset and start from 30 automatically until the number of days (months) they paid. Am I correct?

There will not be something like expiry notice on 31st day and customer need to wait for re-activation manually?

- Ravi

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@rsingaram No, I believe you are not clear on difference between Trial Studio instance vs Commercial Studio instance.

When you register and enroll on Studio.vuforia.com it creates a Trial instance with 30 days expiry. The days will reduce as you have noticed and instance will stop post 30 days. You can request for extension of Trial which needs approval & justification to get Trial extension.

For commercial Studio ( PTC hosted or On premise) we do not have expiry nor track number of days remaining for expiry. The instance works based on the contract and package subscribed by the customer and if it is not renewed then only instance will expiry.

Could you please share the customer ES URL to better understand type of Studio instance been used and discussed here ?

-Durgesh

Thanks..

Basically, I cannot find how to install a cloud based commercial license. On premise installation has a document, but due to OS limitation (Linux) and other configuration complication, had to go for cloud first as this is for evaluation purpose by customer.

If you let me know your email id, I can share the URL detail as this is on going deal. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for helping.

Ravi

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@rsingaram If any of above response has answered your question, then please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

-Durgesh

Top Tags